Chapter 3

He cleared the plates as soon as I was done eating. There was a glint in his eyes I had never seen before. It looked vaguely like excitement. I guess I noticed it because I was feeling rather excited myself. I stood awkwardly, watching him clear the table. He picked up another bottle of wine and walked towards the staircase. I guess he expected me to follow him because he stopped midway on the stairs and looked back at me. His gaze pulled me, and I followed him to the mini theatre.

I had only seen this room once before when Arti was giving me a house tour. Now, I tentatively stood on the entrance taking in the large comfortable leather seats. Salil placed the wine bottle on a table and moved two chairs close together. He removed touching arms from both the chairs and reclined them so that they resembled a day bed. He then moved towards the screen and asked me, "What do you want to watch?" I shrugged and then realized he couldn't see me. "Oh! I don't mind anything. Do you have something in mind?" I moved towards the chairs as I didn't want to be thrown on them unceremoniously as he had thrown me on his bed on our first night together.

"Oh, I don't know. I don't really care for movies," Salil said, looking through an extensive DVD collection. My suspicion about him using movies to get into my pants was confirmed at that point. What I didn't understand was why he needed to waste time watching a movie. He knew he could have me. He knew I won't refuse, or did he feel obligated to watch a movie with me as I had made dinner. These thoughts angered me, and I said, "You sure have a hell of a collection for someone who doesn't care for movies." My mind was wandering towards all the women he must have brought to this room on the pretext of watching movies just to have sex with them. Men are so manipulative. His hands stilled, and he turned to look at me. His gaze was searching, but he didn't say anything. I think he read the anger on my face.

"Have you seen the end game?" he asked, keeping his voice level. "Yes, I have." "Umm, I don't know, this collection is looking old. I'll try to restock tomorrow," he said. "Or you can get Netflix like everyone else," I said. This time his gaze was angry. I could see he was trying to restrain his anger. I quickly shut my mouth. I didn't think I wanted to know how he would behave if he was angry at me. I took a deep breath and said, "I don't mind watching any avenger movie." He nodded and played the first one.

He came and sat next to me and topped our glasses of wine. I wondered if he was trying to get me drunk. I was feeling very conscious and was waiting for him to make his move. After more than half the movie, when he had not even tried to hold my hand, I started to relax and enjoy the film. By the end of the movie, frankly, I was surprised he hadn't done anything. I wondered if my angry statements had stopped him. I got up and stretched my arms, and he looked up at me. His hair was a little ruffled, and he looked like a schoolboy. I smiled at him. "Wanna watch another one?" he asked. This time his gaze was hungry. I realized he had given me this movie as a gift, and now he was going to take what he wanted. I looked down and swallowed. I knew I could say no, but I also knew he won't care if I did. I just stood by the chairs as he moved to play another movie.