35. Cats out of the bag

A/N: Some of y'all got scared last chapter at my end note. I did not mean that it would have a sad ending or anything. I just meant that you guys won't be ready for the twist and turns of the story. Sorry for the false alarm😅

Queen's POV

The Bangtan Mansion was empty except for Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook and I who stayed back to take care of the mansion. The rest of them went to Ilsan to do the last rights.

No one could believe what happened. Namjoon had turned completely silent. He said nothing. Jin had cried his eyes out while the younger just sat there in silence. Completely devoid and drained of any emotions. Maybe he was shocked to the point that he couldn't express anything — rage, pain, tears, nothing.

The entire day he just sat by himself clutching the photos and something else that looked like a small teddy bear which I came to later know was his sister's Gowon's who was the same age as Jungkook. He refused to talk to anyone else. Not even Jin. He just sat in one part of the room, looking out of the window. I had never seen him this weak, and in this moment I completely forgot about my dislike for him.

Maybe because just like him two months ago even I had been sitting like this praying to every power in the world to save my sister, I could feel his pain. Or maybe I couldn't fully understand it because mine lived, his family did not.

The other boys too were deeply grieved. Seeing their leader lose his family made all of them numb. None of them spoke to each other or to me. Even Taehyung seemed distant. He did not act cold but he wasn't very responsive. When I took dinner for him, he refused outright but reluctantly ate when I said I wouldn't if he did not. He barely talked to me and I figured that he wanted time to be by himself so I let him be.

From what Jungkook had told me, his sister Gowon and mother stayed in Ilsan. Only Namjoon and Jin knew where they lived. Every month he would visit them secretly so that none of the other Mafias picked up leads.

The killer somehow figured out the location to it. Killed them and sent pictures of their dead bodies to Namjoon. Multiple stab wounds, use of force and deep injuries. Seeing the surroundings, it looked like the women tried to resist but ultimately been killed. My heart clenched as I recalled that picture.

Who could the killers be?

Was it EXO who did it? No, they couldn't stoop so low. How could I even think that? Sure we were no angels but never had our Mafia indulged in killing innocent people. I refused to believe they did this. Suho would never allow something like this in my absence. They knew my ethics about never involving enemy families in the Mafia. I could place my life on line and bet EXO would never do it.

As Jungkook mentioned, Namjoon often used a burner phone to text them and communicate his arrival. But as per the youngest, the leader had informed them he wouldn't come because of business for a while. Who could have laid hands on that phone and manipulated the situation? And whoever that did probably knew Namjoon wasn't going to visit for a while. They used this communication gap to their advantage. It had to be someone on the inside.

I stressed my brain to recall things. A sudden gasp left my mouth as I recalled that day when I sneaked in the office.

Leo.

He did take something from Namjoon's office. It was a box and the thing looked small because it completely fit his palm. Maybe it was this phone which Namjoon kept for his family.

IT HAD TO BE HIM! My doubts were proved right! Leo was playing against Bangtan from the inside. He was Namjoon's most trusted man. Meaning he must know about Namjoon's hidden family. But he didn't know the location. And when he did, he either killed them himself or had someone do it. Crux of it was that he was the one behind it.