34. The confession

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes as he pressed his lips on mine.
My heart clenched as I realised what a big lie all of this was. I was deceiving him. He never knew who Kang Hyelin was. He fell in love with Kang Sua. The start of this was a big fat lie. What would happen when he came to know about this?

He pulled away and this time I saw happiness and love dripping from his eyes. A smile formed on my face too. But I didn't know if it was a sad one or genuine happiness.

"Can I ask you something else?"

I nodded.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I laughed a little as I heard this. He sounded like a teenage guy proposing to his high school love. I wanted to say no. It was the correct thing to do. I should refuse. This would get too complicated. Someday I'd have to leave and go back. And that day, hell was going to break lose here. But a part of me wanted to say yes.

YOU IDIOT, my inner voice yelled. YOU ABSOLUTELY DUMB DICKHEAD. DO NOT SAY YES YOU VILE WOMAN.

HYELIN IS YOU SAY YES, YOU SUCK. YOU SUCK BIG TIME, the voice yelled. MAY YOU STINK FOREVER.

But I ignored it.

For once, I wanted to be happy and selfish. For once I wanted to think only about myself. So I did, I said it.

"I will be your girlfriend"

"Good choice", he chuckled he smiled as he cupped my cheeks in his big hands and kissed me softly. After that he hugged me tightly as I pressed my face into his chest. My eyes watered slightly.

Maybe the best thing to do now was to leave. Before this feeling became too deep for either of us to escape. Maybe for the sake of Taehyung, I could let go of my hatred for Namjoon. Now I just had to look for an appropriate moment to escape from this house.

———•••———

Queen's POV

Ten days passed in the blink of an eye. And it was a wonderful feeling for me. Taehyung had changed completely. He went from a Mafia guy who hated me to being a great boyfriend.

I was supposed to try and escape but honestly I had made zero effort for it. A part of me wanted to leave but then another kept wanting to stay with Taehyung. So in conclusion, I was still around with no intention of leaving any time soon.

Taehyung was too perfect to leave just like that. We spent hours talking everyday even though most of the conversation I had to fake and make up stories about because he expected me to tell him about my aka Sua's life.

He also told me about his own family, the incident with their father which Jin had already talked to me about.

The other boys seemed to be quite accepting as well. Jin the most of them all. He became even sweeter than he already was. Even Namjoon treated me with more respect. My friendship with Hoseok kept getting better. Me and Jungkook cut down on our banter and decided to try being friends.

Though this kid was almost 6 years younger to me, he still did not have an ounce of respect for me. Yoongi kept his distance but we did talk sometimes. Jimin on the other hand threatened me a lot saying how he'd kick my ass if I hurt his best friend.

Oh Jimin, what do I tell you?

I opened the door to Taehyung's room to see him sprawled on the floor, a video game controller in his hand. He smiled as he saw me and I sat beside him.