Part 3~ Flashback

Sorry for the misspellings and grammatical errors

Shawn

My eyes were red, swollen, and dry. I have been awake for the whole night and I have never let go of her hand. The only sound that is filling the cold hospital room is the heart beating machine and the breathing machine.

"I wish that we could switch places. So I am the one that is laying there on the bed and not you" I said with a low and tired voice.

The door to the room opened and one is the doctors entered. "Sir, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have to leave now. You can come back later today"

"But-" I started but the doctor interrupted me "Sir, it's a good thing that you stayed the whole night. But you also need to rest and you can come back later today"

I nodded and put on my jacket and kissed Harper on her forehead "I love you"

I was actually planning to go to the studio today but right now I just don't have the energy. I know if I go to the studio I will not get anything done. I will just think if Harper and when I am thinking way too much I can't write anything or play anything. It's like someone have pressed the 'off' button.

I sent Andrew a text about what happened and that I'm not coming to the studio today. And that I don't know when I'm coming back.

I called a cab since the car is still on the road with one side smashed.

The apartment felt cold and empty. Always when Harper is home it's a warm feeling and it feels like home. Every time when she gets home before me, she runs up to me and almost threw herself on me when I get home. She always wraps her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist and she won't let go before she has kissed every inch of my face.

And even when she isn't home it's still a warm home feeling because I know that she will enter the door.

But now, it was a cold feeling. It didn't even feel like home for me. It felt like I was in a strangers apartent.

I walked into the bathroom to take a warm shower, trying to get my thoughts of something else.

My body felt sore and heavy and I don't even have the energy to go to the kitchen that is just a few steps away from the couch that I am laying on.

As I thought of everything that happened last night I got flashbacks from mine and Harper's prom night.

*flashback*
I have never been this nervous in my entire life. I can't believe that Harper actually said yes when I asked her if she wanted to go to prom with me. She has been heartbroken for a few weeks now. After that we have been closer friends. Closer than we ever have been. Today is the day when I am going to tell her how I feel. That I have feelings for her and that I have had it for a really long time now.

I looked at myself in the mirror in my car, trying to fix my tie. "You got this Shawn," I said to myself before I walked out of my boor and walked up to her porch and knocked on the door. I fixed my suit jacked and the door opened. And by my relief it was her older sister that opened the door. "Shawn come in. She is almost ready. You can wait here in the hall and I'll go and check if she is ready or not" she pulled me inside and I saw her older sister run upstairs and my heart beat faster by every second.

"Shawn," her sister said and I looked up the stairs to see Harper and she was breathtaking in her light pink dress.