Part 16~ Talking over a coffee

Shawn

*Flashback*
We sat on the couch and she listened to me playing some chords from one of my songs. It was late at night and we both have had a rough day at work. But we had it too cozy to go to bed.

I love these types of nights. We sit on the couch, I am playing my own songs or just random songs. She is cuddling up to me and rests her head on my shoulder and look at me, or my fingers running over the guitar strings.

"Can I try to play something?" she asked after I played the last chord of 'When you're ready' "Sure, but do you really think that you can manage to do it?" I chuckled since I know that she can't play at all. She can only play the chords, C, D, and E and that's it.

"Oh shut up. I am better then you think" she winked, grabbed the guitar from my hands, and moved away a little bit from me so she could play properly. She had her legs crossed, her back was resting against the armrest and her tongue tip peaked out in the corner of her lips.

She looked so concentrated so it almost was funny. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she tried her best to get the right chords with her small finger. I rested my elbow on top of the backrest and I faced her.

"We have the whole night on us" I teased and tried to not laugh. "Shut up, I'm not a musician as you" she pouted and then looked down at the guitar again.

She ran her hand over the stings and it didn't sound that good. I don't know how she manages to do that, but when she played the chords it sounds like the guitar is untuned. Even if I just tuned it a few minutes ago.

I placed my hand over my mouth, trying to not laugh. Instead, it was a muffling laugh because I couldn't keep it together.

She shoots up her head "Stop laughing at me" "I'm not laughing" I took away my hand and tried to look serious. "I heard you laughing and I can see it by your eyes that you want to laugh"

Busted.

"I suck at this" she groaned "Well, you might not be the best at playing guitar," I said and leaned in closer to her and took away the guitar from her hands and placed it on the ground.

"But there are so many more things you are good at, that I'm not good at" "Like what?" her eyes switched between my eyes "So many things" I whispered and tugged away a strand of hair from her face and placed it behind her ear.

I cupped her one cheek and pulled her face closer to mine. Our soft lips moved in sync, like they were meant to be.

"I love you" she whispered against my lips before she kissed me one more time and this time, the kiss was more passionate.
*End of flashback*

I sat at one table at the cafe where I and Harper decided to meet up. My hands were cupped around my cappuccino and I looked out at the street.

The sky was grey, rain poured down, water splashed when cars drove past and people ran with their umbrellas, trying to avoid as much water a possible.

The little bell above the door ringed which made me look up.

Harper stood at the door, looking after me. When our eyes met she sends me a little smile and walked up to me.

"Hi" she said and took a seat in front of me. She brushed her wet hair away from her face "How are you?"

"What am I supposed to say?" I shrugged my shoulders and looked out through the window again.

"I-I'm sorry Shawn. This wasn't supposed to happen. I didn't plan any of this"

"Do your parents help you to remember?" I looked at her again and she shook her head. "N-no, they don't"

"Then why don't you move back with me? If they don't help you to remember, and if my help wasn't enough. Then you can move back to me"

"I don't know if I can do that. I am happy now" "Really?" I raised one eyebrow "so you say that you weren't happy with me?" "I don't know to be honest. Every day was a pain for me trying to remember"

"Good to know" I nodded my head and pressed my lips into a thin line. "I'm s-" she started but I didn't let her finish. "Don't say that. I am tired of hearing you say that. Because I know, that it's just something you say to make me feel better"

I ran my hand through my hair and she looked down at the table. "But what am I supposed to say?" she shrugged "I don't remember anything, I moved back to my parents and I am talking to Phil-" "Please don't say his name" I interrupted her.

"I just want to remember you again. I really want to. Because I can see that you are a really good man. And I really want everything to be normal again. But I just can't even though how hard I am trying. It just doesn't work"

I nodded my head slowly "Yeah" I raised my eyebrows and looked down at my coffee cup.

"Shawn" she reached for my hand and took it in her hand. "You are not the same Harper as I got married to a few years ago. That wasn't you yesterday" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. How can she change so much?

"I know. I don't know what flew into me yesterday" she sighed and I saw that she really regretted it.

Then it was silent. I want to tell her so much, but I can't. It's like a stranger sitting in front of me.

"Talking of something else" Harper said and sat up straight in the chair. "Are you going to Sami's and Josiah's 5 years anniversary next week?"

"Yes and you?"

"I have thoughts of going, yes"

Then it was silent again. Right now I have nothing to tell her. Nothing. I just sat there looking down at my cappuccino, which now probably was cold.

"Witch is our favorite restaurant? Like which one is our go-to restaurant?" she asked all of sudden.

"Well, it depends. Our absolutely favorite restaurant is an Italian restaurant that is down the street. Otherwise, we love one cafe that is pretty hard to find when you go there for the first time. We actually went there on our first date, because I was too cheap to take you to a real restaurant" I chucked at the last sentence.

She giggled and rested her chin in her palm. "What did we do on our first date?"

"Well, I picked you up, I got yelled at by your parents because they thought that I had a bad influence on you, they still do. I drove us to the cafe, and we sat there for almost 5 hours, so the workers literally needed to push us out of the cafe. Then I drove us to the little beach where we had our first kiss. We sat on the engine head and looked at the water. While we did that, we ate chocolate from a box. And it's that kind if box that doesn't say what flavor it is, so it will be a surprise every time you eat one chocolate. And we always buy that chocolate box when we are out on dates"

She smiled at me while I told her about our first date and, was it sparkles I saw in her eyes?

"Did we have our first kiss at the beach?"

"Yeah, it was on our prom night, I took you to the beach, and when we were bathing we kissed for the first time" I couldn't stop smiling at that moment. It was one of the best moments of my entire life.

"I really wish that I could remember everything" she squeezed my hand a little bit of harder. "Me too" I send her a weak smile.

"I really need to go to the bathroom. And when I'm coming back, maybe we can go somewhere and talk? To be honest, I have missed talking to you"

I smiled even bigger. Did she just say that she has missed me?

"Yes of course. I'll be waiting here"

I watched her disappear into the bathroom. She left her phone on the table with the screen facing the ceiling. The screen lit up and I couldn't help to not look.

I took her phone in my hand, and what the heck?

~~~
I don't know anymore. It feels like this book is an floop ):