Part 2 ~ The accident

Sorry for the misspellings and grammatical errors
~~~

Shawn
Harper wrapped her arms around my arm as we walked out of the theater. It was pitch black outside and the air around us was ice cold. Small snowflakes are falling down from the dark sky, and Harper wraps her arms tighter around my arm and leaning against me so she won't fall on the ground that had a layer of ice.

Since every parking spot where you can connect the car with a heater was occupied, so our car windows were covered with ice and snow and our car was ice cold on the inside.

Harper sat in the car trying to warm herself up meanwhile I was outside trying to remove all the ice with a scraper. I waved at her sometimes and she responded with a wave and a smile painted on her face.

My breath came out like smoke when I exhaled and my fingers were cold as ice and they started to get red/ purple-ish and I almost couldn't get a grip of the scraper.

"Holy shit it's cold outside," I said and cupped my hands over my mouth and blew warm air on them. "You okay?" I asked and looked at Harper who did the same as me, blowing warm air on her palms. "Yeah" she nodded and rubbed her palms against each other.

I grabbed her hands and blew warm air on them trying to warm her up. "Better?" "Better" she smiled and pecked my lips.

She was silent on our way home and I understood that the movie wasn't her favorite. "You didn't like the movie didn't you?" I chuckled, still keeping my eyes on the road. "No, I liked it"

I raised one eyebrow and looked at her for a few seconds. "I'm serious. I liked it" "You usually talk about the move afterward if you like it. And now you are silent. You can tell me, you didn't like the movie, didn't you?"

It was silent for a few seconds and I stopped in front of the red light at an intersection and I hear a click beside me. I looked beside me and saw that Harper had taken away her seatbelt and she moved closer to me. "Let just say that I'm the one that is going to choose the movie next time" she whispers against my cheek and trailed kissed down my neck.

"Baby please put on the seatbelt something can happen" "Don't worry. It's nighttime and no one is on the road. And we are almost home" her lips found my lips but before they could meet I pulled her away. "Please, darling. It doesn't matter if we are almost home. The road is slippery and it's snowing. I don't want anything to happen to you"

I said and started to get worried. If something is happening I'm gonna blame myself for the rest of my life. "Don't worry, nothing will happen" she whispered and leaned in and kissed my lips.

Somehow she managed to make me forget that we sat in a car in front of the red light. I deepened the kiss and pulled her face closer to me. "I love you," she said against my lips and I could feel her smile.

All of a sudden I saw two car lights from a snowplow coming closer to our car. The side of our car. The side where Harper sat. I quickly pulled away and tried to drive away but it was too late.

The snowplow hit our car. I hit my head in the steering wheel and since Harper didn't have a seat belt on, so she flew through the car window, causing it to break into millions of pieces.

I hit my head so hard on the steering wheel so I passed out for a few seconds. Or was it a few minutes? I don't even know for how long I passed out.

I opened my eyes and my head was pounding and an annoying howling sound was ringing in my ears. I rubbed my palm against my forehead and my sight was blurry so it was hard to see. Before the chock came I couldn't understand what just happened. One second I kissed Harper and in the other second, it was a howling sound ringing in my ear and blood rolling down from my hairline.