Part 13 ~ You'll stay with me

Sorry for the misspellings and grammatical errors
~~~

Shawn

"I am leaving" she said and threw her clothes in the suitcase.

"Leaving where?" I gulped, scared of what she was going to say. "To my parents"

I walked up to her and grabbed her wrist, stopping her to keep packing. "No, you ain't going anywhere. You'll stay with me. The doctor said that you need to live the life you lived before the accident. And that's with me. You lived with me, Harper. Not with your parents. Don't you see what they are trying to do here? They want you to hate me. They are going to make you hate me"

"Maybe I need to start from the very beginning?" she tore her wrist away from my hands and continued to pack. "I'm not letting you go. You'll stay with me" I stood in front of her with my arms crossed against my chest. "No, I can't Shawn. I have tried to remember but it doesn't work. I need to start from zero, to make new memories"

"Please Harper. Just stay with me. I know that you don't like your life like this, but you will hate it even more if you are spending all your days around your parents. Trust me" I reached for her cheek but she pushed my hand away.

"It's my life, Shawn. Not yours"

"Yes, yes it is! You are my wife and since you are my wife, your life is my life" I can't tell if I am angry, sad, shocked, or just a mix of everything.

"Please, don't do this to me Harper" I followed her to the door and I could feel the tears rolling in the corner of my eyes, ready to escape. "I'm sorry Shawn. But I think I have to. I think that this is best for me. I really appreciate that you have helped me so much. But I'm sorry, I don't remember anything. Even how hard I am trying"

We just stared at each other for a few seconds. None of us said a word. I can't convince her to stay. She has made her choice and I can't change that.

"Bye Shawn" she said before she opened and closed the door behind her. I want to run after and pull her into my embrace, I want to feel her soft lips against mine. I want to say the words 'I love you' and I want her to respond back with her soft warm voice 'I love you too'. There is so much I want to do with her right now. But here I'm standing and can't do anything about it.

I hit my fists against the wall so hard, so the picture of me and Harper, that was taken on our wedding day by Josiah fell down from the wall.

I slide my back against the wall and hid my face in my palms. What's going to happen now? How will I manage to live without her? And her parents will definitely be sure so she won't see me again. I just know it.

My nose was dripping and tears escaped my eyes, leaving a salty taste on my lips. I walked to the bathroom to grab some tissues. But when I grabbed the tissue box from the bathroom cabinet, a little box that was on top of the tissues fell down to the sink.

I took it up and got a little smile on my face. On the little painkiller box was a little note that said 'For your head'

*flashback*
We had just moved into our apartment and Harper had got a really big cold. She was freezing all the time, her legs were weak so she couldn't almost go. She was coughing all the time and her nose was read after all the tissues she has used.

I wanted to take care of her the whole day. I wanted to make her favorite breakfast, I wanted to make it comfortable for her on the couch and watch a bunch of movies with her. I wanted to give her a hot bath with one of her favorite bath bombs from Lush. But I couldn't. I have to go up early to be at the studio and film for an interview. Which, oddly enough, would be recorded in my studio.

So I had to leave her during the day. But I wrote small notes for her. The "for your head" note I put on the painkiller. The "for your nose" note I put on the tissues. The "for your throat" on the and the box of strepsils, "for your cold body" note I put on a cozy blanket, one of my hoodies and a pair of sweatpants.

I put everything on her nightstand before I squatted down, so I was at the same level as her. I stroke away some hair from her face and I saw how a little smile crept up on her face. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. "Hey" I said calmly and rested my hand on top of her head and run my thumb against her forehead. "How are you feeling?"

"I have been better" she said with a voice that has a combination between a morning voice and her hoarse voice. She looked up the nightstand and saw all the things that I had put a note on. She then looked back at me and smiled. "You didn't have to" "But I want to. I'm so sorry baby, but I really have to go now. But can you promise me that you take the pain killers, the strepsils and eat something?"

She closed her eyes and nodded. "I love you" I whispered before I pressed my lips against her forehead. She smiled when my lips separated from her warm skin and cuddled into the pillow. I tucked her in before I left the bedroom and left the door on ajar, so a little bit of light will shine into her room.
*End of flashback*

I put the box back in its place and took some tissues to wipe off the tears and my dripping nose.

I don't want to be alone. Not right now. The best would be if Harper was here, but she isn't and she will never be here again.

I texted my closest friends, with other words, Casey, Brian, and Connor, and asked if they could come over. It didn't take long before they all said that they were on their way.

Meanwhile, I was waiting for them I took a quick shower and changed into something more simple.

I really didn't have the energy to care about how I looked. Usually, I look if the shirt and the pants match, but now I just grabbed the first thing that caught my eyes. That was my grey Harvard hoodie and a pair of black sweatpants.

I walked to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator and took a cold bottle of beer.

It knocked on the door, so that has to be Casey, Connor, and Brian. I opened the door to see all of the three standing in front of me.

Brian looked at me from top to toe. "Oh-oh, Shawn with sweatpants a hoodie and a beer at 12 pm, isn't a good match" he shook his head and then looked up at me. "Is everything okay man?" he raised one eyebrow and I just shooked my head 'no'. Forcing myself to not let tears roll down my cheeks.

I let them in and told them everything that has happened.

"So yeah, now she is living with her parents" I sighed and rested my elbows on my knees and my fingers hiding under my curls.

"I'm so sorry to hear that Shawn. But remember that we are always here for you" Casey said and rested her chin on top of my shoulder and wrapped her arms around me. I turned my head towards her and then to Brian and Connor. "Thank you so much, guys. What should I have done without you?"

I smiled at them and felt happy that I always have them by my side. No matter what it is.

"We are the one that should say 'thank you' not you" Connor said and pushed himself up. "No, you know what. Put on something nice and we will go to the hamburger restaurant that is down the street, and I'll pay everything"

He walked to the hall with a hungry Brian behind him. "You guys can start going. I will just change and then I am coming" I said to the two hungry guys that stood at the door but soon enough they were gone.

"I can wait here with you," Casey said and smiled. I just nodded and walked into the bedroom to change.

~~~
Ugh! Once again. I am so sorry for the bad part. I will try to make the other chapter better. I promise!