Part 9~ I just want to help you

Shawn

"They are strangers for me Shawn, and so are you" more tears rolled down her cheeks and I just wanted to hug her. I placed my hand on top of her knee but she tore it away from my touch. "I'm just trying to help" "You could have asked me about this before Shawn. Or at least say that our friends were waiting for us, so I would be prepared for it"

"I'm sorry Harper. But I just want you to remember everything again. I want everything to be normal again" I sighed and I could see that she wasn't happy at all. "And how do you think it is going?" she snapped

"I'm sorry" I sighed tears formed in my eyes and I got up from the bed. "I am telling everyone to leave" I said low and walked out of the room and closed the door behind me.

"Okay everyone I am terribly sorry. But Harper wants to be alone tonight. So we will do this another time when she feels for it"

Everyone understood and walked their way to the door. "Are you okay man?" Brian turned around before he walked out of the door and I shrugged in response. "I don't know anymore to be honest" a little tear rolled down my cheek.

He wrapped his arms around me and hit his hand against my shoulder. "Everything is going to be okay. She just needs some time"

"Yeah, you're probably right" I nodded and he pulled away. "I'm just one text away if you need me" he walked out of the apartment and closed the door behind him.

I sighed and I looked at the closed door to the bedroom. I want to go inside and apologize. But at the same time, I know that she doesn't want me there right now, that she wants to be alone.

*Flashback*
I drove home from a long day at the studio and all I wanted was to bring the rest of the night with Harper.

The apartment was quiet. Too quiet. I looked in our bedroom but she wasn't there. I looked in the bathroom but she wasn't there either.

I thought it was weird that she wasn't anywhere to be seen. Then I remembered that she maybe is at her photoshoot studio that also is her painting studio.

I took the car keys and drove to her studio that just is 10 minutes away with a car.

I opened the door and the music streamed out loud from the speaker. She moved her hips along to 'Get some by Lykke Li' that she is listening to when she is happy or stressed over something. The music was so loud so she didn't hear me walking up to her. She wore her denim jumpsuit that has a few paint spots here and there.

The brush in her hand was running over the white painting board. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she had put a painting brush in it.

I wrapped my hands around her waist and pressed my lips against her cheek, she jumped and yelped. "Holy shit Shawn. You scared the shit out of me!" she hit my hand that was intertwined with my other hand against her stomach. I just smiled and pressed my lips against her cheek again.

She turned around in my arms and wrapped her arms around my neck "How was your day at the studio?" "It was tiring. And how is my little painter doing"

"I'm good" "You are listening to this song. Either, you are happy or stressed. So are you happy or stressed?" "I am happy" she whispered before she pressed her lips against mine.