Part 4~ Who are you?

Sorry for the misspellings and grammatical errors
~~~

Shawn
3 months have passed by. 3 long terribly months.

I haven't been myself during these months. I haven't been at the studio as often as I should have. I have lost my appetite so I have lost a few pounds. I don't meet my friends as often as I used to. And I have been drinking more, I know that sadness and alcohol aren't a good combination but right now this is a way to distract myself from all the pain.

I have spent most of my days at the hospital, trying to talk to Harper. Even though I know that she won't respond back, I know that she can hear me and I know what she would have responded if she wasn't in a coma. So I kind of has a conversation with myself. I know what she would respond so I imagine her response in my head and then respond back. I know that it seems silly, but I need to talk to her. I want her to remember me when she wakes up.

Today I decided to go to the studio, even though I didn't have the energy for it. But I can't go around in the apartment all the time. I need to think something else.

I drummed my pen against the notebook in front of me and my fingers in my hair and my elbow resting on top of the desk. I have been looking at the empty page for 40 minutes now and I haven't written down one single word.

"Dude, are you sure that you shouldn't go home?" Geoff asked me from the black leather couch behind me. "You look terrible. You need to rest" he walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "No, I shouldn't go home. I need to do something that makes me not to think of Harper"

"Whatever you say man. I think that you need to come back when you feel better, and right now you just need to go home"

"That's the problem Geoff. I will never feel the same again. I am going to blame myself for the rest of my life"

"Why would you to that?"

"Becuase I should have been more firm when I told her to put on the seatbelt" I looked up at him and tears started to form in my eyes again.
"You did everything you could. It's not your fault Shawn" "I just wish that I could have done something"

I breathed out heavily and was just going to say something when my phone in my pocket started to ring.

I took it out from my jeans pocket and looked at the screen 'Hospital' I looked up at Geoff and the others before I quickly answered and put my phone against my ear. "I'm searching for Shawn Mendes. Is it possible you?" a man's voice asked on the other side of the phone. "Yes, this is he" I answered and walked out of the room and closed the door behind me.

"Your wife Harper Mendes has just woke up and I think it's a good idea if you come to the hospital as quick as possible"

I felt relieved, like the weight disappeared from my heart. "I-is she o-okay?" "Yes she seems fine, just a little bit of confused. But there is nothing to worry about. She has been in a come for 3 months after all"

"I'll be there in 20 minutes" I ended the call and brust into the room and took my jacket and there it over my folded arm. "I need to go. Harper just woke up" I walked out of the room before the other guys could even say anything.

I ran as quickly as I could in the hallway in the hospital. When I entered her room, she was awake and a doctor talked to her.

I cleared my throat which causes the doctor and Harper to look at me. "Oh good that you came Mr. Mendes" the doctor nodded to me. I walked up to Harper and stood beside the doctor. I smiled at her and she just looks confused.