Part 5~ Home with me

Sorry for all the misspellings and grammatical errors
~~~

Shawn

"What do you even remember?" I said with a lump in my throat. Scared of what the last thing she remembers is. "Well, one thing I remember is that I was together with Philip Archer at high school"

That means that she has forgotten 8 years of her life. And that means that she does remember me at all. "So you don't remember me at all? You don't remember when Casey introduced us to each other?" I could feel tears pressing through my eyes. "No, sorry" she shook her head.

"Your name is Shawn right?" "Yeah" I ran my fingers through my hair and did everything to not start to cry. "I remember that Casey has mentioned you a few times. But I don't remember you at all actually. I'm sorry"

I just nodded my head. I didn't know what to say, to be honest. I can't say 'No it's okay' because it isn't. It's not okay. It was silent, I felt hopeless, I can't found the words to say. It's like I'm a stranger to her. I am a stranger to her.

"For how long were we married?" she asked and twisted her wedding ring around her finger. "Three years. And we met at high school for 8 almost 9 years ago" "Oh, were we happy together?" "Yeah, we were really happy together. It was like we fell more in love with each other every day that passed by"

She stopped eating and then looked at me "I'm so so sorry Shawn. I wish that I could remember you" she then looked down at the tray info if her.

"Arent you going to continue to eat?" I pointed at her trey, trying to avoid her eyes. "No, I lost my appetite" she pushed the tray away from her and stood up. "I'm going back to my room now. I am kinda tired" she said before she turned around and walked out of the cafeteria.

I sat there for a little while. Trying to get everything inside my head that just happened.

~Next day~

I know that she doesn't remember me. But maybe if I talk to her every day and that we see each other every day, she will remember me. I can't just give up. There is a chance that she will remember me someday. Right?

I entered her hospital room but it was empty. There was just an old lady that I am pretty sure isn't Harper.

I walked to the desk where a nurse sat and typed something on the computer. "Hi, sorry if I disturb but I am searching for my wife Harper Mendes. She isn't in her room as she was in yesterday. Do you possibly know where she is now?"

She types in something on the computer and then looked up at me. "Yes, She got upgraded. I can lead you the way" she walked around the desk and walked through the hallway with me behind her. I could feel a lot of eyes on me. They probably wondering what I am doing here and why I'm not with Harper.

The news hasn't come out. I could have told the news about the accident. But if I would have done it, I would have been in a lot of interviews and everything about the car accident would be out on the media and I wouldn't manage to it handle it.

She showed me the room and then walked back to her desk. There was a doctor talking to her and, her parents? What are they doing here?

I knocked on the doorframe and all four looked at me. "Hi" Harper said while looking at me, and is that a smile I can see on her lips? "Hi, how are you feeling?" I ignored her parents and walked up to her. "I'm better thank you"

I could feel her parent's evil eyes on me. "Anyways, Harper needs to come back to her old life. She needs to go back to her old life that she had before the accident. And that will make her remember faster" "That's a perfect sweetie. Then you will come home to me and dad again" her mum clapped her hands together and had a stupid fake smile on her lips. "Me and mum will take care of you sweetheart. And we will help you to remember"

"N-no," I said firmly. "The doctor said that she needs to go back to her old routines. That means that she needs to come home with me. She had routines every day and she didn't have it when she was younger"

Her parents looked at the doctor as she could say something "I can't say anything about this. But I think Shawn has right. She needs to come back to a place where she had routines every day. That will help her to remember quicker"

The doctor walked out of the room get parents looked at me. "So you didn't listen to us after all? Are you guys married now?" her dad asked and crosses his arms against his chest. "Yes, yes we are and we haven't been happier. And no, I haven't left her. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and we both are happily married. So please leave us alone now so I can drive Harper home"

I raised my voice at them. I haven't seen them since I was 18 and they haven't changed at all. They look much der but they still act like stupid stubborn kids.

"Whatever you say" her mum rolled her eyes and then looked at Harper. "Remember to call us if you need anything-" "I think that Harper and I can take it from here" I crossed my arms and tries to call myself down to not yell stupid things at them.

They both left the room and Harper looked up at me. "You and my parents aren't best friends right?" "Nope, they have never liked me and they said to me that I should leave you since I have a bad influence on you. And you told them to stay away from you when you moved out and you haven't talked to them for years"

She grinned and sat yo in bed "I'm a badass then?" "Yup. My badass" I whispered the last sentence, it was quiet enough for her to not hear it.

"Do you ha everything you need in the bag?" I asked and threw it over my shoulder "Yes I think so. I haven't changed clothes from last night and I haven't touched other clothes so I know that I have everything"

I helped her down from the bed and we checked her out from the hospital before we walked to our car.

"So where do we live?" "At an apartment in the middle of Toronto" "Do I work with anything?" "Yes you have two jobs actually. You are a photographer and in your free time, you work at a coffee shop near our apartment. You love to bake and paint your own paintings. So you have your own little studio where to take photos of models and painting everything that is coming up to your mind"

She just nodded her head, trying to take in everything. "And you?" I should feel her eyes at me "I'm a singer-songwriter"

"Oh really? Can I hear one of your songs? Give me your phone" she offered her hand and I took out my phone from my jeans pocket, still having my eyes on the road. I am way more careful now when I am on the roads so nothing will happen again.

"What's your artist name?" "Shawn Mendes" I smiled and quickly looked at her "Oh that makes sense" she chuckled and started 'If I can't have you'

"Woah, you are really good at singing. I think that I am in love with your voice" Her words made me smile as always. "Let me guess. This song is about me isn't it?" she asked with a little bit of sadness in her voice. "Yeah" I cleared my throat which I always do when I think something is emotional. "It is"

"I don't know how many times I gonna say this but I am really sorry that I don't remember who you are and that we are married. But I promise you that I will try to do everything to remember you again"

"We both will" I said under a sigh "Tell me something more. About mine and your friends" "Well, all your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. So basically we have a lot of mutual friends. But we both share one best friend. Casey, which you remember"

"Yes of course I do! We have been best friends for, God knows for how long. How did we meet by the way?" " You and me?" "Mhm" she nodded.

"Well, Casey introduced us to each other. Then Philip cheated on you, and we became closer friends. Then at the prom night we had our first kiss"

"Cute" she smiled "Yeah, it was really cute" I smiled and looked at her for a few seconds. "Let's listen to some music" she started the radio and immediately got a smile. "I love this song" she turned up the volume and sang out the lyric to 'Hold back the river by James Bay'

She used my phone as a microphone and when the chorus came she moved the phone to my mouth "Sing it!" she laughed and I sang out the words.

This maybe will turn out good at last.

~~~
I'm sorry guys. I hope that the next part will be better

𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥- (𝐒.𝐌)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें