26⌝ Petal

Song of the Chapter- Put A Little Love On Me

<Will be putting the person's POV at the top of every chapter from now on and for when it switches so you aren't confused. Extremely long chapter so please enjoy.>

Toni Anderson
"Here at brookshires we put people first, that's why we provide sanitary disinfectant wipes for your carts and baskets to keep the germs away. And as always, if you have any questions please feel free to ask any store associate located around the store. Good people, good food, good deeds," the intercom overhead crackled in an echoey way as I headed over towards the fruit section. Clutching the paper list in my hand and my basket slung over my other arm, I looked for the apples. As I examine each apple carefully, the pocket of my leggings begins to buzz. I reach down and grab my phone and look at the caller ID. My face lights up at the sight and quickly accept the call, pressing my phone to my ear.

"Hello darling," the Irish accent rings out through the phone to me, "what're you up to?"

"Just doing some grocery shopping after my workout," I answer back as I place a couple green apples into a bag before placing it in my basket. "Tessie's been coming over a lot and keeping me company so of course my pantry took a hit."

Niall's laugh fills the line but I feel a weird sensation, like someone was looking at me. I slowly turn to my right, gazing around to see if my gut feeling was right. I can only spot the usual shoppers, until I catch movement from the corner of my eye. A tall guy with dark brown hair, wearing a grey sweater and black jeans was looking at me, but quickly averted his eyes away with a sheepish smile as he heads off towards the other direction. "Toni, ya alright," Niall's voice snaps me back to our conversation.

"Yeah sorry," I stutter back, still a little creeped out, "some guy was just staring at me."

His voice gets all defensive in return at my statement, "Put him on the line and I'll show him who's boss, I'll beat his arse into a pulp."

I giggle at him, thinking how cute it is to see him upset over nothing, "Aren't you in Australia? You can't do anything from there." I laugh as I look at the time on my phone and remember the huge time difference, "And isn't it early for you Ni?"

"It's about eight thirty," he sleepily says as his accent makes the thirty sound weird, "not too early but I've got another interview in an hour on Fitzy and wappa then a meeting with the team before I fly back to London." He stops talking for a bit and I make my way over to where the carrots are located. After a moment he speaks up in a serious tone, "But I need to talk with you about something important."

My stomach seems to drop, I knew he'd say it. I always had a feeling he's been wanting to split. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to be with someone as screwed up as me. Being apart has definitely shown him how easygoing his life is without me. It's less stressful without me around. "Yeah," I mutter out, ready for him to say it.

"We can't go public," he sighs out, catching me off guard.

"What?"

He repeats his words again, more sorrowful, "We can't go public. Our relationship can't. It'll apparently drive my fans away according to the label guy, I can't be dating anyone right now."

"Does that mean, we're breaking up?" I really, really hope it isn't the case. I don't want to break up with him, but I could see why he'd want to leave me. I'm too clingy with too many problems, half of them he doesn't even know.

"No no no, god no," he spits out quickly. "I don't want to, but we just can't come out as a couple," sighing he goes on, "and we've gotta be more careful."