8⌝ Next Saturday

Song of the Chapter- Boyfriend by Selena Gomez

"So to my belief, you and your ex spouse are remaining on relatively good terms, correct?"

"Yes ma'am, but you can just call him Ethan," the lady seated in front of me replied, fidgeting with the tassels on her purse.

I smiled kindly at her, reaching over to my notepad, "Okay well that is quite helpful that you and Ethan are remaining neutral. The reason I am asking is to work out all the options to make this run as smoothly as possible."

"Got it. And thank you so much for getting me in today Ms.Anderson," she warmly thanked. I couldn't understand how she could stay so positive with this going on in her life. I can be strong for others but I don't know if I could ever handle that personally.

"Please just call me Toni or Antonia, and of course. I sensed the urgency in your tone and had to get you in. You actually caught me at a very good time, I don't have much going on so I'll be able to work day and night for you ma'am," I assured as I went over the information on my screen. "Also what came to my attention is your concerns about you and your children's rights during this divorce."

She nodded in agreement, messing with a stray strand of her red hair, "Yes, I just want to know all of our options."

"Of course Ms.Ruthsford. So as a mother, you have the right to request the court to order Ethan to pay child support payments to you, on behalf of your two children. Also you have the right to file a petition asking the court to order Ethan to pay for the medical and health insurance of the children."

Her eyes grew wide, almost in hope, due to those last sentences, "I knew about the child support but I didn't know about the insurance. My god that's truly a blessing, my boy, Jordan, has a severe peanut allergy and his epipens are just too expensive for me to handle on my own."

"Well then that should hopefully be a good enough reason for the court to give you that appeal, anyways if your child is," I spoke before quickly getting interrupted by the ringing of my work phone next to me, "hold on one second, I'm so sorry. I'll direct them to my receptionist so we can continue."

"This is Antonia Anderson from Lone Star Law Firm located in Houston, I'm currently with a client right now but I can redirect you to someone else right now if it's urgent," I spoke into the phone, giving Ms.Ruthsford a sorry look.

"Oh wow so official and professional. I was just calling to see if you're free today, considering it is a Friday," Niall slightly chuckled on the other end. This boy.

I rolled my eyes and sternly continued, "Mr.Horan, I am not sure of my schedule at the moment but the client I am with currently is my top priority. If you are willing to make an appointment please take it up with Ms.Owen, the receptionist, or with my legal assistant, Mr.Payne if it is more crucial."

Niall whistled on the receiving end, "Ooh feisty Toni are we now? Well then I guess I won't bother you anymore, Ms.Anderson, I was just trying to make plans."

"Well you can ask Tessie, I mean Ms.Owen, about my hours for today if you are very concerned. Like I said Mr.Horan I am with a client now, and I have to go. Goodbye," I finished before hanging up abruptly.

Ms.Ruthsford giggled in front of me, breaking into a smile, "Damn, I didn't think I was that special. I feel bad for Mr.Horan being on the receiving end."

"Of course, you are my priority. You made an appointment so you deserve to have my full attention, he did not. Plus, Mr.Horan will be alright," I slightly smiled as I adjusted in my chair. "Anyways, there's some more rights you and your children have but first I need to know their ages."