Chapter XXIV

"They say 'all good boys go to heaven',

But bad boys bring heaven to you"

"What?" Antonio breathed; his voice raw to an extent where I could hear it cracking in his throat. His amber irises were almost completely devoured by his blown-out pupils as he studied my flushed cheeks.

"If you can't explain to me how you are feeling," I urged, my hands traveling down the side of Antonio's neck until they stilled on his chest where I could feel his heartbeat thundering underneath my fingers, "then I want you to show me how you feel."

"Do you know what you are asking me, Anabelle?" His voice had dropped to a guttural growl and all of the sudden I felt much less confident in myself as he looked down on me like a lion would on his prey right before it pounced. "I'm the devil, remember? I'll do nothing but corrupt you my sweet little angel..."

Heaven help me...

I couldn't do anything more than nod my head, my eyes ripped wide open and I'm sure I looked like deer caught in a truck's headlights, my voice utterly caged in my throat.

"I need words," Antonio purred with a low voice, an insatiable look in his hungry eyes, "I need to hear you say it."

His words were sending electric shivers through my entire body and I had to hold back a moan as he started planting featherlight kisses along my jawline until I could feel his hot breath close to my ear. "What is it you want, angel?"

"You," I sighed, my voice hardly above a whisper but it seemed to have been enough to satisfy Antonio, because he didn't waste a single breath before he detached his lips from my neck only to find my own and capture them in a dizzying kiss.

My skin was burning up with desire and my brain was utterly consumed by the fire that was licking at my strained nerve endings, my body sizzling with an electric buzz.

Suddenly Antonio pried himself off of me, snatching my hand in his and wordlessly pulling me along out of the room, his face flushed as we practically flew up the stairs.

It felt like a hazy blur and before I could even gather a coherent though we were standing in his room, the soft bedside lamp plunging us into a warm light as we stood a few feet apart just eying one another with wide eyes.

My breathing was laboured, but it got stuck in my throat completely as Antonio stepped closer, his eyes not leaving mine for a second and even though I was fully clothed I felt utterly naked under his amber gaze.

"We do this at your pace, mi amore," he muttered lowly, coming to a halt right in front of me and standing completely still as if he was waiting for me to make the first move.

So, with careful hands I reached up, following his handsome features as if to brand the image into my brain. My fingertips traced over his cheeks and ghosted through his hair until they travelled down his neck where my hand laid flat across his chest.

Wordlessly I closed the gap between us, our bodies pressing against each other whilst my lips found his, a gentle, almost cautious kiss forming between us.

It felt like we had stripped all of our walls down, our deepest and most hidden souls coming together in this unprecedented moment of raw intimacy and as they collided, they had ignited a passionate fire within us.

I couldn't stop my fingers from shaking as they started trailing down his shirt, working their way along the buttons until Antonio's smooth olive skin peeked through. My brain had stopped making rational decisions at this point and I didn't even try to stop myself as I leaned down to press soft kisses along his collarbones.