Epilogue

"Remember everything will be alright,

we can meet again somewhere, somewhere far away from here"

My eyes travelled over the peaceful scene in front of me, wandering from the clear blue sky to the freshly closed grave in front of me, an array of flowers framing the grey tombstone.

Here lie John and Melissa Smith. It read, the fond marked by age, but underneath a new engraving had just been added.

Charlotte Smith. Chi si volta, e chi si gira,sempre a casa va finire. (No matter where you go or turn, you will always end up at home.)

Looking up I saw two figures on a bench that overlooked the scenic graveyard.

Dario and my brother sat close by each other under an old tree, their eyes not leaving the other's as they were lost in conversation, their hands laying intertwined between them.

I could not help shaking my head in wonder, a small smile playing on my lips as I saw the carefree happiness on my brother's face and the only traces of sorrow left were painted by the fading bruises on his skin.

"They seem to be getting on just fine," I heard Antonio's voice speak up behind me, pulling me from my deep thoughts as he stepped closer to me, putting his hand around my waist and holding me close.

Looking up at him I answered his smile, mesmerized by the warmth his amber eyes were radiating, still in awe of the affection that was blazing through them.

I'll never get used to the thrill these eyes send through my veins whenever they capture me!

I nestled closer to the warmth of his body as the chilly autumn air whirled around us, lifting strands of hair out of my face with a soft breeze.

"Thank you," I whispered, referring to the beautiful ceremony he had arranged for Lottie's burial, but he just lowered his head placing a soft kiss on my forehead, his voice low and sincere.

"I promised you, I'd make things right!"