19

Hy guys am so so so so so sorry about the late and slow updates.

I had a lot of things to do this past week and I was sick. Being ill definitely sucks big time.

But I'll try and make it up to you guys and update as quickly as I can.

Thanks and don't forget to vote and comment 😘

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I hate Mondays" Mary groaned as she sat down and kissed Kate.

It was lunch and we were at our usual table.

"I hate school in general" Dave complained.

"Me too" Neil added

"Yeah me three" Kate piqued in.

They turned to me, I shrugged "I actually like school"

Dave stared at me, "you're kidding right?".

I took a bite from my apple and shook my head.

"That explains your obsession with the library" Kate said.

I was about to make a comment but there was a sudden hush over the cafeteria.

Looking towards the entrance I saw my dear parents and their children making their way towards our table.

I wonder what they want now,

I have a feeling it has to do with your birthday coming up,

Shit I totally forgot it's next week.

When they got to our table, I noticed their very tensed stances.

"Aurora can we speak to you?" My father asked and I nodded.

He seemed surprised by my instant agreement that he was speechless for a few seconds.

But Mother seemed to get over it quickly, "Dear as you know, your birthday and that of your siblings is at the end of the month which is next weekend".

I took a fry and dipped it in ketchup, chewing it slowly I turned to her and answered "your children Mrs Michael not my siblings and I don't see how their birthdays has anything to do with me".

She looked taken back by my correction and at loss on what to say.

My father who seemed to have found his voice answered "what we're trying to say is that you're expected to be at the party".

"Of course as a member of the pack I'll be present at the ceremony" I said.

"That not what we mean Aurora" Damien said

"Am not sure I understand what you're trying to say", I stared at them in confusion.

"Well that's cause you're daft" Lisa retorted.

Father glared at her and she kept mute, turning to me he continued "we want you with us as the family we are. It's also your birthday and what better way to celebrate it than with your family".

The nerve of this man, family my snot, where were they all through your life, Cora growled.

I stared at him, a minute or two must have passed, the atmosphere was certainly tensed and everyone seemed to be in suspense.

"You're right Mr Micheal, what better way to spend a birthday than with family, unfortunately my family is no more so I'll just spend it alone"

"Stop this nonsense, we are your family Aurora, why can't you just get over it" he boomed.