10

I sat on my knees, I was currently incinerating my parents bodies watching the flames lick over their them and with each passing second I felt my heart harden. I had disposed the bodies of the assassins, there were 26 in total and they came with 3 vans, so I packed their mangled bodies and dumped in the vans and set them on fire. I had used magic so the fire didn't emit much smoke in order not to draw attention to it, sighing loudly I thought of the day's event.

Earlier today at school, I had snuck out during lunch time, went home, left three bodies of the assassins and used my magic to set the house on fire. Knowing the housekeepers would get there early and call the fire department, I had cast a spell that would make the fire rage and not calm till it burnt everything down, then I went back to school just in time for classes. I was called down, during my last class for the day by the fire department and they gave me the sad news that my house was on fire and unfortunately my parents didn't survive, only their badly burnt and unrecognizable bodies were found and I broke down and cried. I was taken home by the officer who brought the news, some of my parents friends around and my friends from school came to sympathize with me, the head of the fire department had called a social worker, who said since I was almost 19, she thought it would be best to place me in a shelter but I told her I had distant relatives I could go to, so she offered her condolences and left.

When the crowd had finally left, I rushed to the clearing where I had kept my parents bodies in one coffin, so that they would be incinerated together. Watching the flames I made my decision, I would hurt everyone in connection to their deaths, am going to make sure they know who is hurting them and at the final moment they would know who I am but they won't live to say it. I would be leaving for my old pack on Saturday and they want know what hit them till it's too late, I'll get the freedom and revenge I always wanted.

When the flames died down, I scooped my parents ashes and placed them in a big jar,it was mum Celine's favorite jar for lemonade whenever we went for picnics. Shifting, I picked the jar with my mouth, and took off, to the cliff, when I got to the spot where we always had our picnics and birthdays, I shifted back and put on the clothes I had left there earlier, after dressing up I carried the jar and stood at the cliff, the wind blowing my hair and caressing my body, it was a beautiful night but I couldn't feel it, all I felt was pain and anger, "am sorry, it's all my fault, but I promise you I'll make them regret all they've done, I'll bring them down and I'll make you proud", wiping the tears from my cheeks I continued "thank you for taking me in, for loving me and for being the best thing to happen to me, it's going to hurt not being with you guys but am going to make you smile at me from wherever you are, just I love you guys so much", with that I opened the jar and threw the ashes in the air, throwing the jar down the cliff, I shifted, Cora was in pain so I let her growl as loud as she wanted, the sound echoing sending the animals nearby scurrying, then she ran through the woods, following the trail of the ashes till she couldn't see them, she howled growled while I cried inside.

When I eventually made it back to the property, I went straight to my car and drove to a close hotel where I would lodge for during my remaining stay here, the only thing I took with me was the paperwork they left, some weapons, my phone, laptop, their chargers, some clothes and a framed picture of us taken about two weeks ago. Laying on the bed, I sobbed uncontrollably, I wanted to get it out of my system, I wanted to be stronger when I leave, holding the only framed picture I took, I hugged it close to my heart and remembered Celine's slow heartbeat, the sound so calming I feel into a deep sleep.

"I promise I'll call and FaceTime as regular as I can", I was currently in the midst of goodbyes with my friends, they were surrounding my car, although I was sad about leaving, I needed to do so, I hurried with the goodbyes and after they all dispersed I got into the car and typed the address on the car's GPS, according to the GPS it would take me 4 hours and 17 minutes to get to my location and it was almost 9am. Sighing I cracked my knuckles taking one last look round, I drove off. Throughout the ride I mentally prepared myself for the mission, Tyler always told me that a clear head never makes mistake and I didn't want to make any, when I got bored I turned up the radio singing along loudly to the music, Cora would snicker in my head whenever I sang a verse wrongly.

It was almost 2pm when I saw the boundary of my old pack come into view, I felt my heartbeat increase and my palms were sweaty, I stopped at the check point and waited for the guard to scan my vehicle, while waiting I took deep breaths and focused on Celine's last heartbeat, feeling calmer, I looked up when I heard a knock on my window, "who are you?",the guard asked "Long live the crescent Moon pack", I answered, it was our slogan and I hoped it was the same, the guard seemed shocked but he nodded,"long live the crescent Moon pack", signaling the others they let me pass but from my review mirror I saw him talking on a phone, probably informing whoever that someone was coming. After about 10 minutes, the pack house came in view, it was bigger than it was three years ago and it looked renovated, I saw some people moving around and it seemed like I wasn't the only one who was coming back, there was a makeshift podium where I saw some people standing and I could tell it was the alpha and other high ranking officers welcoming the new arrivals, focusing on the heartbeat again I drove to the garage and was pleased to see that most people stopped to look at my car, parking at an empty spot I called to Cora,

You ready Cora

Yeah girl, let the game begin.

Stepping out of my car, I was immediately assulted with the smell of various wolves especially that of my mate

A cold hearted mate you mean, Cora scoffed, he's smell is awful, I hope his blood doesn't smell that bad

I chuckled softly, I hope so too

A valet came forward to take my keys but I shook my head so he stepped back, walking round the car, I pulled my one suitcase that contained my stuff, I couldn't help but tune into the conversation and I smiled when I heard them speculating on who I was, how hot I was, how much my car cost, how long my hair was and other stupid talks, shutting the trunk of my car,I rolled my suitcase towards the podium and I was right after all, turns out it was Rex, Mark and my siblings who were welcoming the new arrivals.

This will be fun, Cora snickered

I couldn't agree less

Fortunately I didn't have to stand long and it was my turn, so I stepped forward, the look on my siblings, beta and mate's face made my day, they seemed shocked and speechless but it was Rex who broke the ice "Aurora". We stared at each other, a frown on his face, a smirk on mine. "You're back?", "Yes Rex, I am".