9

I rushed at the assassin who held my mum down, before he could react, I plunged my hand straight to his chest pulling his heart out, at the same speed I attacked the one standing close to him, I could hear the others coming forward and forming a circle round me, they attack once but I was prepared for that, unexpectedly I shifted and Cora took full control, she lunged at them so fast that she was but a blur and the fight was over in a matter of minutes, I shifted back and ran to mum, but I heard her voice through the link

One of them ran out, he's with a picture of you, if he gets away you will be recognized and our plans will be ruined

I heard the sound of a car's engine, so I jumped out the window shifting before I touched the ground. I landed on the van and using my paws, I pounded through the roof getting through at the first punch, immediately I grabbed his head and snapped his neck mid way through his shift. Still in my wolf form I jumped up the balcony and ran to the office, when I got there I shifted and rushed to my mum's side, "mum can you hear me, I need to call the ambulance, please just hand on", but she grabbed my hand, "it's of no use Aurora", "no  you need to stay alive, please don't leave me alone, I don't want to be alone again", "baby look at me", I raise my head and the sight of her pale and bleeding face broke my heart more, mum only smiled and cupped my face in her shaking hands, "I'll be in your heart my baby, Vito and Tyler included, you just go on and complete the plan, remember all we've taught you", I shook my head, "I can't, I can't do this alone you're all I have" Celine drew my head to her chest,  I placed my head down, listening to the slow pounding of her heart, "this is your destiny my child, you have a lot to do and accomplish, it may be too early and the timing wrong but I trust you'll do good, whenever you feel too enraged or scared always remember this sound, it's the beat of our hearts in sync, Tyler Vito and I, we'll always be with you in your heart and know that we're proud of you and anything you become". I cried louder when I heard her gasping for breath as she struggled to talk, "I want you to have the revenge you want, remember, never hurt the innocent, always be honest to yourself, give yourself the chance to love again, and there's a little something for you in your room, I guess you would open your birthday present early and without us but my last request is that you have us incinerated and our ashes thrown to the wind, will you do that for me?", She asked while brushing my tears off , I nodded "I will, I'll make you proud mum, I'll avenge your deaths, they'll all pay, I promise". I felt her kiss the top of my head and I cried knowing it would be the last time she would do that, I cried when I heard her struggling for her last breath and cried more when her heart finally stopped beating, the pain was intense and it hurt so much, I felt the final strand of my bond with them break completely and I wept more, Cora growled and whimpered in my head, I just sat naked on the bloodied floor my head on my mum's chest, crying my heart out till I passed out in exhaustion.

I woke to the sound of a loud ringing, looking round I saw it was my phone on the table, ignoring it I looked round the office, it was messy and bloody but my poor heart broke more when I saw Tyler's head at Vito's feet, Vito's head was intact but there was a huge hole in his chest and I knew he's heart was ripped out, I saw the bodies of the assassins lying around, I felt Cora pacing and whining in my head,

They killed them, they killed our parents, they'll pay for this,

And we'll make them pay Aurora, but we need to stick to the plan,

I growled loudly, no let's just take them out now, I want to hear them scream, I want them to feel pain, we are strong enough to defeat them,

Our revenge will come when we act with a clear head Aurora, remember that. And you need to clean up this mess and think of a good explanation to give for all that has happened today when asked about the death of your parents.

And with that Cora blocked me, I sighed in defeat, she sounded so angry but she was right. I stood up and went to my room, while climbing the stairs I saw the bodies of some assassins, I quickly ran to my room and headed  straight to the bathroom to wash of the bloodstains on my body. When I was done with my shower and dressing, I searched for the gift mum said she left and found it on my dresser, it was a flat green box and was light, tearing the ribbons off I opened it, it contained a key and some paperwork, setting the key aside I thumbed through the paperwork work and with each page I read tears ran down my face and I felt my anger rising. The paperwork contained the location and information about my old pack, my school's paperwork and their will,  they had left all they had to me, including their houses around the world and the fashion line mum owned. I dropped the paper and took the key, it looked like that of a car but it had 4 buttons each with different inscriptions, so I pressed a button with an alarm's inscription, I heard the loud ringing and looking through my window I saw a car covered in with ribbons, jumping from my window I ran to the car, although Tyler had given me driving lessons, I didn't know I was getting a car for my birthday and I certainly didn't notice the car when I had gotten back from school, using my speed I tore the ribbons off, although it was dark I could see it was a red car, the red color was so vivid it looked like it was draped in blood, I felt a smile take over my face at that same time my heart clenched in sorrow, they bought me a red jaguar, I had told Vito that I would love to have a red fast car, although I never gave a specific type, but they obviously remembered.

I opened the car and saw a manual on the driver's seat, thumbing through it, I gave a sad laugh, now I know what the various inscription meant,

Alarm sign when activated alerts me when my car was touched
Location sign when activated would send to my phone the car's exact location
Door sign when activated locked the doors or opened them
Thunder sign when activated spreads an electrical current and whoever touches the car gets teased, it practically turned my car into a teaser.

Lifting my head to the sky I looked back at the house, knowing that there was a lot to be done, the housekeepers would be coming tomorrow by noon, I needed to clean up the whole house to avoid question,but I wasn't in the mood to face my parents bodies so I ran towards the clearing and shifted immediately taking off into the woods.