"Well yes probably, is that alright?" Padmè asked across the table while I tried not to show my anxiety.

"I'm sure that'll be fine, I'll tag along so you can just relax and have fun." Anakin said in response, therefore saving me from some long awkward response. In fact as he spoke he discretely placed his hand on my knee in support under the table.

"Thank you Ani, but you should relax and have fun to, after all we're pretty safe all the way out here." Padmè said with a grateful smile while placing her cutlery down and pushing her plate forward in indication she was done. Her comment ran through my mind, of course we should be pretty safe out here, but we're we really? What if the attacker knew where we went, if they weren't after Padmè she could be in danger if I stayed. When did everything become so complicated, rumours of plots in the senate, assassination attempts on a beloved senator, my past coming back to haunt me, this isn't the republic I know...

"(Y/n), (y/n) are you listening?"

Oh, I guess I must've spiralled into deep thought.

'Yeah seems you did.'

"Oh I'm sorry, I was just thinking about the last time I went swimming," I said while giving Anakin a little tap under the table in response to his sarcastic remark. "Anyway dinner was lovely Padmè, thank you, we should probably get some rest soon." I said while getting up to tidy the dishes away, stacking up the plates and cutlery since no one else was around to do it.

"Yes I agree, though before that I was thinking you'd like to watch the sunset across the lake." Padmè said while getting up to help me, leaving Anakin to seemingly feel rather uninvolved.

"That sounds like a rather nice idea, I'll get us drinks." I said while taking the plates from Padmè before she could protest and turning towards the door only to be faced with Anakin who immediately took the dishes from me with a small smirk.

"I don't think so, you two ladies go sit out on the deck, I'll be out with drinks in just a second." He said before turning towards the hall and heading for the kitchen.

"Well you heard the butler, let's get going senator." I chuckled after watching him leave, smiling round at Padmè who just chuckled before heading out to the glass doors d sliding one open for us both to leave out of.

"I'm sure you're going to love this (y/n), watching the sun sparkle across the lakes, it's a truly beautiful sight." Padmè continued to say while pulling out a couple of chairs to face out over the beautiful blue waters as a gold glow enveloped the mountains. She sat down and patted the lounger beside her indicating for me to sit by her, which I did. Relaxing down into the chair with a sigh and looking out across at the sky and sun, the way all the colours melted together like water colours blending on a canvas.

"...it truly is stunning." I murmured while staring out at the graceful waters. A few moments later I felt Anakin approaching from inside, hearing the door slide slightly open followed by footsteps as he walked out to join us.

"As promised, two drinks for two lovely ladies." He said with a hum while handing Padmè a glass and then holding one out for me, which I took with a nod of thanks as I wrapped my fingers around the glass.

"Thanks Ani." The senator said with a smile while Anakin pulled up a chair and sat down just beside me.

"Yeah thanks butler boy." I teased, glancing back round at him with a small smirk.