Then Kelly it is!

Noel huffed and puffed, kicking sand in all directions as she ran to catch up with Olivia farther down the beach.

Olivia sat on the sand with her legs crossed, rocking the bundle of clothing.

"What... What was... It?" Noel said, plopping down beside Olivia.

Olivia cocked her head at Noel.

"It's a baby." She squeaked.

"WHAT?!" Noel jumped up, leaning over Olivia's shoulder.

In Olivia's arms was a baby, maybe four months old. The child had coal black skin, and just as shiny as the ore itself. It contently sucked its fingers as it stared up at Olivia and Noel.

"Why do you think it was lying on the beach?"

Olivia raised the beautiful child in the air, looking up in wonder into the baby's chocolate brown eyes.

Why would someone ever abandon a child so beautiful?

"I... I don't know, Noel. Maybe..." Olivia stopped there, coming to a horrific and only logical conclusion, one she didn't want Noel to know about.

By the distance the baby was from the shore, Olivia could only guess that a woman, the mother of the child, was getting water from the lake. With her baby either balanced on her hip or tied to her back, a crocodile must have come upon her and clamped onto her leg. The helpless mother must have thrown the baby onto shore before she was dragged into the murky depths of the lake.

A chill crawled up and down Olivia's spine as she looked up at the lake and saw in the distance a plastic jug floating on the water, one that is common for tribal women to use to get drinking water.

Olivia lowered the baby onto her lap again, and looked at Noel. "I don't know, Noel. I just don't know." She lied.

Noel obviously was ready to move on. "What is it?! Is it a boy, or a girl?"

"Oh, I haven't checked yet..." Olivia trailed off.

"Well then check! By the way, how do people know anyway? What's the difference? How can you tell?"

"Aye-ah!" Olivia fell back in pain at the questions Noel threw at her. "Young grasshopper, wait over there while I consult the baby fairy to acknowledge what division this infant falls under!"

Noel got up, and stormed away, mumbling to herself. "Must be the ears or feet or something..."

When Noel was gone, Olivia consulted the "baby fairy", and waved for Noel to come back.

"Well?! What is it?!" Noel said crossly.

Olivia grinned. "It's a girl."

Noel threw her hands in the air. "Hallelujah! I have a little sister!" Noel plopped down beside her. "Can I hold the baby?"

"Of course!" Noel took the fragile child from Olivia's arms. "Hold her head up so she has support. Yes, just like that." Olivia said.

Noel rocked the beautiful girl back and fourth. "What are we gonna name her?"

Olivia lied down on the ground with her hands under her head, gazing at the full moon rising into the sky.

Olivia turned her head at Noel. "You know Noel, one thing I miss from home is this movie called Jurassic Park. You know what a dinosaur is, right?"

Noel nodded. "Yup."

Olivia nodded back. "Well, the movie was about how a man brought dinosaurs back to life, but then the dinosaurs escaped and started eating people."

Noel looked at Olivia horrified. "Why are you telling me this?! As if I didn't have enough to worry about already..."

Olivia budded in. "No no no! It's only a movie; you can't bring dinosaurs back to life. The reason I brought this up is because I was thinking about one of my favorite characters in the film. His name was Ian Malcolm, and he was the person who predicted that the dinosaurs could not be contained and would reek havoc on man kind. Now, I remember in the squeal to Jurassic Park, we learned Ian Malcolm had a thirteen year old African American daughter named Kelly, who ended up on the dinosaur island with Malcolm."

"Kelly?"

"Yup. It's a type of green. Anyway, I've always really liked the name, and I find it as a really cool way to remember home. Well, how 'bout it then. Kelly?"

Noel looked down at the wide eyed child in her lap. "Does she fight the dinosaurs?"

Olivia's faced glowed. "You kidding me? She kicks some major dino butt with her gymnastic skills when a raptor corners her dad!"

"Then Kelly it is! We may need her to fight raptors for us later on!" Noel giggled. She handed Kelly to Olivia, knowing it was time for them to get moving.

Olivia stood up, and with one hand, brushed the sand off of her behind and her pants. With her other hand, she balanced Kelly on her hip.

"Now come on, let's find a place for some shut eye."