“Ugh! Jeon, why are you acting like this? I’m really tired, you know.” She exclaimed in annoyance.

I was taken aback at her outburst. And I responded by glaring at her, carefully observing her form. She looked tired indeed, making me feel guilty at getting angry with her and acting the way I did just now. So I grabbed her bag and put it around me. Then I pushed her inside the elevator.

She tried getting her bag back but I did not budge.

Park, this is the least thing I can do for you so let me.

As we stood in the middle of the elevator, I cautiously gave her a glance because I was concerned at her weary state. But my concern was immediately forgotten when I noticed her staring at my arms.

I snickered.

This woman never failed to amuse me.

I called her out about it, causing her to quickly deny my claim in her flustered and funny face. I wanted to keep on teasing her but knowing that she might not be in the mood for it, I did not do much aside from showing off my teasing grin.

But my actions only urged her to try her best in explaining herself.

“Hey!” She ran after me and turned me around to face her. “Jeon, I swear I didn’t mean to look at your beefy arms. I was only . . .”

Beefy arms, huh? What’s going inside that head of yours, Park Chaeyoung?

I tried hard to keep myself from laughing at her panicky state. Then she closed her eyes and gulped before speaking.

“I mean . . . I was just trying to see why you’re so strong. Then I realized that it’s because you have this brawny physique. So my skinny figure can’t even compare.”

I pity Chaeyoung for digging a hole for herself. But I couldn’t deny that I was left entertained at everything I heard from her. So I responded with a smug smirk.

Suddenly, she got more upset and walked away from me complaining that she was only tired and hungry. I quickly ran after her, knowing full well how she was feeling. It was exactly what I felt when I got home from work a few hours earlier. So I dragged her to my apartment as I decided to cook for her.

Hmm, the things that I do for this woman.

I was getting lost in deciding what I could cook in the least possible time when Chaeyoung suddenly appeared beside me. I jerked my shoulders in surprise, not expecting her presence and seeing her face in a close distance.

“Can I get my bag back now?” She asked.

I was horrified after seeing that her bag was still hanging around me. I did not even realize it until just now. I quickly gave it back to her and tried to get back to cooking. But she interrupted me once again when she offered to hang an apron on me and tie it securely at my back.

“Is it not too tight?” She asked from behind me with her face hanging only a few inches from mine.

I nervously nodded in response, unable to say anything back because my throat felt dry all of a sudden. And I only released my breath when she moved away.

I took a deep breath and tried to focus in cooking. Unintentionally, Chaeyoung was distracting me. Even when I couldn’t see her because my back was facing her, I realized that her mere presence was distraction enough for me.

It was a good thing that I completed her meal well and made her feel satisfied and full with the food that I prepared for her. I mentally gave myself a pat on the shoulder, feeling proud that I put that carefree smile on Chaeyoung’s face.