24 - Playgirl

Chaeyoung's POV

When my eyes landed on the orange rose plant that Jungkook has given me, I was frozen in surprise.

It was way back college when I asked him to give me that. I was getting fond on flowers then that I started learning about what they symbolize. When I came across the orange rose, one of its meaning mentioned about wanting ones friendship to go to the next level. I immediately thought of Jungkook so I impulsively sent him a picture of an orange rose plant.

So it was kind of expected when I cried in happiness while looking at the actual orange rose plant. It was not a picture that Jungkook teased me about. The orange rose was growing with its roots buried on the soil beaneath it.

I was actually overjoyed after finally receiving it from Jungkook, especially when I learned that he was the one who planted and took care of it over the years. Though I was not able to reveal my selfish reason for asking him to give me that specific plant, I surprised both Jungkook and I when I suddenly asked if I could give him a kiss. It was a mere peck on his cheek but it was my way of answering all of his questions about us.

I guess this was the point of no return for both us.

"Park," Jungkook called.

I gulped as I worriedly thought of where this conversation was going.

W-wait, I don't think I'm ready for this. Jeon, please . . .

Ring! Ring! Ring!

My savior!

I rushed to grab my ringing phone from my bedroom. It was Taehyung. He called to remind me about our date and asked for me to get ready as he was already preparing himself. I enthusiastically agreed, forgetting about my predicament with Jungkook for a while.

But my smile instantly faded when I bid Taehyung goodbye.

I was telling myself that it was just Jungkook and that there was no need for me to worry. But all my thoughts vanished into thin air when I stood right in front of him. He was standing in the middle of my living room, restlessly walking back and forth before he stopped when he noticed my presence. I slowly approached him, not knowing what to say.

"Jeon, I . . ."

"Park, please."

We both said at the same time while looking straight into each other's eyes.

"Of course, it can wait." Jungkook said before taking a step closer towards me. Then he grabbed my hand as he added, "I would always wait, for you."

Jungkook always had a way to warm my heart, like now. His patience with me was notable. I felt like I don't even deserve it anymore. But I'm still grateful about it. So until then, I am hoping that Jungkook would stay the same.

"I, uh, Taehyung-oppa . . ." I looked down, embarrassed to look at him. "It was him who called so I should be getting ready."

Jungkook annoyingly huffed and pulled me against him. "No, you're not going anywhere."

I was shocked at what he did and the possessiveness evident in his eyes. I was in awe as I stared back at him. I felt like he was challenging me to move with the way he was looking at me and his tightening grasp on my hand. A part of me wanted to stay and settle everything with him. But my cowardice, which always got in the way, was pulling me stronger.

I lifted our clasped hands and trapped his hand in both of mine as I promised, "Of course, I'm staying this time."

Silence filled the room as Jungkook and I remained looking at each other. And I was getting lost in Jungkook's presence when I suddenly remembered Taehyung. I quickly pulled away from him and kept a distance between us.