27 - been dealt with

Jungkook's POV

I was satisfied walking out of Chaeyoung's apartment after making sure that she was sleeping soundly on her bed. But as I recalled her confession earlier, I felt restless and uneasy. So I walked past my apartment and went to the parking lot. I planned to drive around the neighborhood to calm my nerves.

After driving for quite awhile, I belatedly realized that I had driven far beyond my neighborhood. It was not the destination I had in mind. Though it could be that I was subconsciously thinking of going here from the start. So before I could change my mind, I hurriedly got off my car.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

A groggy and irritated Jaehyun greeted me when he ushered me inside his apartment.

"What now?!" Jaehyun exclaimed in irritation as he rushed to his living room while I was walking slowly behind him.

I stared at Jaehyun dumbfoundedly. Earlier this evening when I planned to talk to him about Chaeyoung, I was somehow prepared. However after hearing Chaeyoung's confession a couple of minutes ago, my mind was left completely blank.

All I had in mind was relief and joy upon confirming that Chaeyoung reciprocated my feelings. And hearing that she was as worried as I had been with our situation with Jaehyun made me feel deeply touched but concerned at the same time. Thus making me realize that I had to deal with Jaehyun for mine and Chaeyoung's sake.

"Jungkook . . ."

"Sorry for bothering you at this hour but we just had to talk . . . now."

My loud beating heart filled the room's silence. Nervousness got ahead of me, feeling my throat dried out and small beads of sweat forming on my forehead. I took in a deep breath and tried to speak when Jaehyun interrupted.

"It's about Rose, isn't it?"

Jaehyun asked in a whisper that I would not have heard him if we had a noisy background instead of a calm and quiet night. I was also paying direct attention to him that I heard what he said, though with much difficulty. So I gulped in response, unable to hide my anxiety about this trouble between us. I cleared my throat to ease my nerves, fully aware of the growing tension in the room.

"Let's not make it more complicated, Kook. C'mon! Just tell me what you came to say." Jaehyun said straightforwardly, interrupting my jumbled thoughts.

"Sorry." I finally said and let out a heavy breath as I continued in full resolve and sincerity. "I like Chaeyoung so I'm asking you to stop pursuing her."

Shock, confusion and anger clouded over Jaehyun's face in a span of ten seconds.

"You . . . what?!" He stood up from the couch, looking like he was ready to pounce on me anytime now.

"I said I like . . ."

"Not that." He firmly denied. "It was plain to see from the beginning. You're obviously head over heels for her."

It's obvious, huh?! Then why does she keep on doubting? Ugh! That woman!

"What I don't understand is . . ." Jaehyun went on, gritting his teeth and keeping an intense glare directed at me. "Why would you ask me to stop pursuing her? I'm pretty sure the two of you ain't dating yet."

His last statement left me confounding and tight-lipped.

How could he be sure about that?

Jaehyun was on a roll with his assumptions when he said with a smirk. "We've been friends since forever Kook so it's not surprising how much I knew you. Foul play is not your kind of game. And Rose . . . I think I know her enough to believe that she could not easily date you after knowing that the two of us are friends. She is all heart."

Someday Soon ¦ rosekookOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara