2 - It is really you

Jungkook’s POV

Ding!

I heard the sound notification from my phone loud and clear. Thinking that it was another meme sent to our group chat with the hyungs, I didn’t bother checking it. I didn’t understand why they were so fond of sending each other memes.

Well sure they were fun. But they can’t possibly do it all day.

But that’s how they’ve always been, relaxed.  It’s not that they did not have any troubles in life but they knew how to handle it well. It’s one of the things I learned from them. They taught me how to not be too worried with all the challenges that came my way.

I was grateful I met them when I needed them the most. Guess things truly happened for a reason. I lost a very special person in my life but my heartbreak led me to meet them.

I was in a bar at that time, alone. I had a few friends who would have gladly accompanied me but I wanted to be by myself. I came there to drink and not to be all dramatic so I figured I didn’t need company.

I was already half drunk when a couple started dancing in front of me. Unlike me, they were clearly very drunk I bet they’d spill their guts out in the next minute. And I was probably right when the woman, looking pale, started leaning way too much on the man. She whispered something into his ear before they rushed towards the exit.

Then I cursed under my breath when I saw the way they left. They didn’t do anything much except to hold hands right in front of me. And I knew I promised not be dramatic that night. But seeing the couple held hands before me triggered my hidden frustration.

“She did not pull her hand away! And I saw the way her cheeks turned pink when we walked down the street while holding hands. If it was that much of a problem, she could have just told me and I’d understand. She didn’t have to avoid me as if I was plague and disappear without a trace.” I cried my heart out.

People around me would have surely noticed since I spoke rather loudly. But I didn’t care. I brazenly poured out my tears while bending my head down. After she disappeared last week, that was my first time to shed tears. So I let myself be.

Then I looked up when I felt someone tapped me on the shoulder.

“You okay buddy?”

I met Jimin first among everyone. We got to talk at the bar on that miserable night. Then he introduced me to his best friend, Taehyung. Namjoon and Seokjin were Taehyung’s cousins so I met them right after. And Yoongi and Hoseok were in a band with Namjoon during college. The seven of us started hanging out since then.

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

Ugh! What is it now?

I groaned as I picked up my phone. I wondered what the perky hyungs were up to this time. They were all looking for me. Then I scrolled up to see that Seokjin sent a short video clip. And I almost dropped my phone when the video started playing.

It was her, Park Chaeyoung. She was eating and looking like she was having the time of her life from the way she was enjoying her sandwich. She’d always been that way. She loved food above all else.

I smiled to myself, remembering a similar scene that got me fascinated by her.

It was my first day in high school. I was nervous since high school was already coed. Boys and girls get to interact with each other. Most boys my age were excited but I wasn’t. I was shy especially around girls. So I didn’t mind the girls and made friends with the boys only.