30 - WHY

Jungkook's POV

I realized my mistake the moment I pulled Chaeyoung into my embrace. The passion in her eyes was evident in the way she met my gaze. And the way her nails slightly dug into my skin when she held my arm even added fuel to the fire. I wondered how I managed to ignore all that as I try to engage in a conversation with her.

So when she managed to escape, I was honestly both relieved and disappointed. I barely stopped myself from devouring Chaeyoung right then and there. Which explained why I rushed back to the bathroom the moment she slipped my grasp. I hoped that the cold shower would be enough to calm down my nerves.

You basically hugging me without a shirt on is torture. Please, let me live.

A smirk appeared on my lips as I thought back to Chaeyoung's reaction from earlier. Knowing that she and I were on the same page was pure delight to me. It actually made me feel less guilty of teasing her. Although I still believe that it was her fault in the first place. She should have known that her actions would greatly affect me. After all, I had been honest about my feelings from the start.

And that reminded me how Chaeyoung left me hanging once again. She successfully distracted me from my initial plan to confront her. I was supposed to talk to her about it during breakfast. But we're going to have it postponed for later because the woman just left, making me furious.

"Park Chaeyoung!!" I screamed, not caring how she will react on the other end of the line. "Did you actually leave?"

"Hello! Jeon? I can't hear you, sorry. There seems to be a problem . . ."

"Cut it, Park. I'm not in the mood for your pranks right now."

"Oh! I see. Will you be in the mood for it a bit later? I can call you back, if you want."

"You're actually testing my patience, huh?" I spat.

She groaned, "Fine! What is it?"

"You better see me after work. We're going on a date." I firmly commanded.

"Okay!" She readily answered, putting me in surprise.

"Y-you agreed so easily? Did I hear you right?"

"Of course! I want to go on a date with you, obviously. Now I have to go, let's talk later." She answered dismissively, ending the call right away.

I was speechless as I started doubting Chaeyoung's ignorance to my feelings for her. Acting like she was the boss of me and doing it so naturally was the substantial proof.

... ... ... ... ...

I just got off from work when I received a text message from Chaeyoung She asked to meet somewhere instead of coming to fetch her from work as initially planned. I wanted to disagree and surprise her but she beat me to it with her next message. She revealed that she got off early from work because she had errands to do before meeting me. So I reluctantly agreed and took that chance to finalize my plan for our date that evening.

About an hour after, Chaeyoung finally came to our meeting place. She was wearing a checkered mini dress paired with a strappy heels. Her blonde locks hang loosely down her back, complementing her chic look.

"Hey!" She said while snapping her fingers a few inches over my face.

I was too mesmerized by her that I failed to notice how she had gotten closer to me.

"I knew it! I look pretty, don't I?” She shrieked.

I gave her a lopsided grin as I scanned my eyes over her from head to toe.