25 - The Talk

Jungkook's POV

I frustratedly slumped my body on the couch as soon as I reached the living room in my apartment.

"Aist! This woman is such a playgirl. How could she go on a date with another man after kissing me twice today?!" I muttered to myself when I thought of Chaeyoung.

What happened earlier at Chaeyoung's apartment was not surprising anymore. I already got used to the way her words and actions contradict. However, I also noticed favorable changes in her behavior towards me. Thus, I would make sure to accomplish what was long overdue.

... ... ... ... ...

I was pacing back and forth in front of the door, not sure how to do this. But I knew that it must be done so I took a deep breath before charging towards the closed door.

ACK!

Utter confusion and surprise were evident on my face as I flew off after colliding with another body. The next moment, a loud thud sounded when we both landed flat on the floor. Then a series of groans and cursing followed right after. I annoyingly looked at the other person as I got up. He, too, was wearing the same expression on his face.

"Jungkook?!" Jaehyun asked, recovering first from the initial surprise of bumping into each other. "What are you doing here?"

I gave him a hand and pulled him up before answering.

"You're going somewhere?" I asked, quickly forgetting how hard we bumped into each other.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes at me as he answered, "Obviously! Now tell me, what are you doing here?”

"I'm going with you." I exclaimed while dragging Jaehyun to the elevator.

Jaehyun was planning to take an early dinner at a restaurant nearby and I decided to come along with him. I was glad that he was not suspecting anything about my sudden visit and dinner was going well. It was my intention to talk about Chaeyoung after dinner so I had enough time to ready myself.

However now that we were done eating and were just drinking beer, the liquid running down my throat felt like tiny pebbles because I was suddenly having a hard time swallowing it. The ice-cold beer paired with juicy steak was usually how I liked it. But right now, it felt like I was going through indigestion with my nerves creating a mini tornado inside my stomach. Nevertheless, I chugged down the half-filled bottle of beer on my hand and carelessly put it back on the table, surprising Jaehyun in the process.

"Woah! Slow down, dude!" Jaehyun said, catching the bottle that almost slipped my hand.

"I'm not drunk." I announced, rather loudly.

The punk laughed at my statement before waving his hand at the waiter to ask for our bill. When the waiter came, Jaehyun gave his card without hesitation.

"Wait! We still need to . . ." I was about to stop Jaehyun from leaving when my cellphone rang.

Taehyung?!

I was wondering why Taehyung was calling me all of a sudden as I stared at my ringing phone.

"Hey! You're not going to answer that?" Jaehyun asked, pulling me back to my senses.

"Ah, yes. I was about to." I answered before taking the call.

"Yah! What was taking you so long to answer?" Taehyung exclaimed on the other end of the line, not giving me time to say "Hello!"

"Uh . . ." I was trying to answer before I got interrupted again.

"You better come home right this instant."