19 - dilemma

Jungkook’s POV

I was exhausted from work. I had a lot of reports pilling up on top of my desk. And I had to finish them all within the day. I even had to drag my weary self from the parking lot up to my apartment.

After resting for a bit, I took a shower and called for food delivery. I did not have the energy to cook dinner for myself. A couple of minutes after, my food came.

I was in the middle of eating my dinner when I suddenly thought of Chaeyoung. I finished eating first before I tried calling Chaeyoung. But all my calls went straight to voicemail.

I was wondering where she could be as I walked to the apartment next to mine. I rang the doorbell to Chaeyoung’s apartment, knocked on the door and called out for her. But like my calls, there was no answer.

“Isn’t she supposed to be home already?” I pondered as I dejectedly walked back to my apartment.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room with my phone on my hand. I was staring at my phone, waiting for Chaeyoung to contact me. I sent her a dozen messages, hoping that she would contact me right after she was able to receive my messages.

And due to exhaustion, I did not notice that I slept on the couch for almost two hours while waiting for Chaeyoung. I tried calling her again but I got the same response from earlier. I started to get worried. So I got up and went to her apartment. I rang her doorbell for about five minutes yet no one was still answering.

I went back to my apartment to wait for Chaeyoung there. I stayed in the living room while checking outside every ten minutes. I did the whole cycle of going out of my apartment, ringing the doorbell on Chaeyoung’s apartment and going back to my apartment for about four times before I proceeded with my next option. I walked out of my apartment and went down on the entrance lobby to wait for Chaeyoung.

It’s been almost half an hour that I’ve waited for Chaeyoung. I was getting worried and annoyed that I still couldn’t contact her. I briskly walked off the building and decided to wait for her right by the gate. I was only a couple of steps away from the gate when a familiar car stopped right in front of it.

I was half expecting it but it still irked me to see Jaehyun getting off the car and running to the other side to open the door. I was relieved to see Chaeyoung getting off the car but I couldn’t help myself from getting angered at the same time. I did not wait for her for three hours only to see her together with another man . . . who happened to be her ex-boyfriend.

Argh!

I grumpily walked back inside and impatiently waited for Chaeyoung in front of the elevator. I was packing back in forth, unable to hide my restlessness. I trained my eyes on my wristwatch, counting the minutes that Chaeyoung and Jaehyun were saying their goodbyes.

One minute.

Two minutes.

Two and a half minutes.

What’s taking them so long?

To keep myself from getting more annoyed by the minute, I leaned on the wall beside the elevator with my arms crossed in front of my chest. I was a bit surprised when Chaeyoung appeared out of nowhere. But I quickly concealed my surprise and put in mind that I was still annoyed at her for reaching home riding Jaehyun’s car.

Unlike me, Chaeyoung looked completely surprised with my presence. She even scolded me about it. But I ignored her and asked her whereabouts instead. I could see that she was getting irritated at the way I was questioning her. But I couldn’t help myself especially after hearing directly from her that Jaehyun sent her home.