26 - free time

Chaeyoung's POV

Waking up with a throbbing head and the flashbacks of my dumbest moments the night before instantly made my morning sour.

"Stupid . . . stupid Park Chaeyoung." I muttered to myself while painstakingly crawling out of bed.

I weakly dragged myself to the bathroom, hoping that the shower could help with my drunkenness. Then I took some time choosing my outfit as I was heading for an important interview in the morning. In the end, I chose a mustard high waist wide-leg pants and white fitted button down shirt. I wore my white loafers on my way out before rushing out of my apartment.

When I got out of my apartment building, I was met with a wonderful surprise. He was casually leaning on his car with both hands tucked on his pants, not minding the sun that was shining brightly on him. He was wearing a blue button down shirt, black ankle length pants and a black oxfords. His outfit was nothing extravagant but he looked dashing and handsome. I could not help but be in awe at him.

Jung Jaehyun, is this your way of getting back at me? Pfft!

"Rose?" Jaehyun called, pulling me out from the trance that he unknowingly put me through.

"O-oh, yes . . . Jay! Hi. Sorry I was late . . ."

He waved his hand dismissively, "Don't worry about it. I haven't been waiting long anyway."

I walked closer to him as I cheekily answered, "Is that so? Then I won't feel so bad anymore."

He responded with his charming smile before opening the car door for me. Then he gently closed the door after I settled inside the car. He jogged to the driver's side and began driving in no time.

There was no problem with our journey. Jaehyun had always been a careful driver so I knew we would safely reach our destination. But due to last night's event, I was completely awkward and restless on my seat.

"You okay, Rose?" Jaehyun interrupted my troubled thoughts.

"Huh?" I quickly turned my head towards him while I thought hard on what to say in response.

"Um . . . By the way, I happened to wake up early today so I had enough time to cook for breakfast. So if you're feeling hungry, there's food in the backseat. Go ahead and have some." He babbled, making it difficult for me to fully understand everything he said.

But as I turned to look at the backseat and saw a picnic basket, I immediately knew what he meant.

He's just making me feel more guilty with what I did. Ugh!

"Jay . . ."

"Before you say anything, I'd like you to know that it's totally fine."

"Oh, please. Stop forcing yourself. I'd understand if . . ."

"Well, that's just a simple meal." He chuckled softly while looking at me from the corner of his eye. "And it did not take too much of my time so please stop looking so grim."

Now he's even avoiding the subject.

"Besides, this would be the last time I could do this for you. So just let me be, alright?"

His words left me confused and surprised. I was about to respond when he suddenly stopped and turned off the car engine. I quickly turned to look outside and belatedly realized that we were already in Sejong City. Two hours gone by without me noticing it.

Jaehyun stopped right in front of Sejong Bear Tree Park.

"What are we doing here? Did we change location? Are we . . ."