29 - out in the open

Jungkook's POV

"I like you, Jeon." Chaeyoung whispered while looking straight into my eyes and her eyes reflecting the sincerity in her words. A faint blush evident in her cheeks.

But while I was left in awe at another episode of her unexpected confession, she quickly moved away before I could even react. She stood beside Seokjin who was looking confusedly at the two of us. Then she spoke to him before they turned their backs on me.

Now that effectively rose me to my feet. Seeing Chaeyoung moving away after she told me her feelings irritated me.

"See, Oppa? Like I told you, Jungkook is totally fine. He even stood up on his own." She told Seokjin, sounding so convincingly.

But I knew better, she was shamelessly teasing me.

Then she hurriedly changed the topic, "Now may we go to the kitchen, please?" She asked with a little pout on her lips while facing Seokjin. "Oppa, you should make that new dessert which you said you got the inspiration from me." She enthusiastically added, sounding amused at her success in distracting Seokjin.

"Should I?" Seokjin asked, his attention solely on Chaeyoung.

She answered with a cheer, "Yes, yes!”

Then Chaeyoung went on rumbling about food and took Seokjin with her. While I was left helplessly rooted to the ground. I was still dumbfounded with how Chaeyoung revealed her feelings to me. She said it so casually as if she was not denying it for so long in the past.

Argh! That woman is so vicious.

The whole time, Chaeyoung was keeping her attention on Seokjin. She barely spared me a glance. And if I was not angered at her behavior just now, I would have been amazed at her ability to keep the conversation going. She opened up topics that were interesting enough for Seokjin to not notice what Chaeyoung was doing. It almost seemed as if she had been preparing for this for so long. She kept on doing so until we were bound to go home.

Seokjin offered to give us a ride to our apartment. I was about to decline, thinking that it was my chance to talk with Chaeyoung, when she interrupted and acted that she was too sleepy to walk back home. And without waiting for our response, she got inside the car and sat at the back. So I was forced to agree and took the passenger seat beside Seokjin.

Then Chaeyoung pretended to be asleep all the way home. She was leaning comfortably against the seat with her eyes tightly closed. As I stole glances at her once in awhile, I began to hate the fact that her pretense actually looked convincing.

When we stopped in front of the building, I immediately thanked Seokjin and bid goodbye. I was hurrying to get inside when he called after me.

"Yah, Kook! Are you actually leaving your girl? She seemed to be in deep sleep." Seokjin said with a teasing smirk.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. She even fooled Seokjin with her antics. So I walked with heavy steps back to the car, roughly opened the door to the backseat and hardly tapped Chaeyoung's arm.

"Park, that's enough. Hyung needs to go home now so you better get up already." I loudly said.

Chaeyoung's eyes slowly fluttered open. "Huh? We're already home?" She softly asked in her hoarse voice, as if she actually just woke up.

"Obviously. Now get off the car. I'll head inside first." I irritatingly answered before leaving the scene in a hurry.

I quickly got inside the building, trying not to mind Chaeyoung anymore.

As I stood in front of the elevator, I was hesitating on waiting for Chaeyoung or not. And I was probably deep in thought when I did not notice that she had already gotten inside. I got startled when a pair of slender arms wrapped around my waist.