32 - A push-pull cycle

Chaeyoung fluttered her eyes open, the bright white ceiling welcoming her view. Then a whiff of strong disinfectant scent flew in through her nostrils, making her realize that she might be in a hospital. She was about to get up when a gentle hand pushed her back down by the shoulder.

"Don't strain yourself, Chaeng. Taehyung is just calling the doctor." Jisoo said, appearing to have been staying on Chaeyoung's bedside.

Soon after, Taehyung came along with the doctor. The doctor asked her a few questions before saying that Chaeyoung could leave as soon as she settled her bills. Her laboratory test results did not show any health risk factors so the doctor only asked Chaeyoung to take a proper rest and not to stress herself out.

Then Taehyung and Jisoo sent Chaeyoung home afterwards. On the ride to her apartment, Chaeyoung was glad to know that Taehyung was the one who caught her from falling down at the police station. Taehyung was driving around the area where he saw Chaeyoung getting inside the taxi with an unknown man. He had a gut feeling that he needed to follow them so he did. But he only waited for her outside the police station. And it was fortunate that Taehyung was there because Chaeyoung could have gotten hurt badly if she actually fell on the the floor.

However, Chaeyoung was caught off guard when Jisoo asked why she was at the police station with an unknown man instead of going on a date with Jungkook. Chaeyoung was hesitant to answer so she did not elaborate much about Caleb. She only spoke of him being her stalker during college in Australia and that Caleb followed her in Korea just recently. While she looked troubled as she roughly explained that Caleb interrupted her date with Jungkook. And that Jungkook had no idea about Caleb so she asked Taehyung and Jisoo not to tell him as she was planning to tell him herself.

... ... ... ... ...

Meanwhile, Jungkook was left puzzled and heartbroken when Chaeyoung denied wanting to be in a relationship with him. He couldn't believe it and wanted to talk it out. However, it was too late because Chaeyoung was long gone when he went after her.

So he went home, knocked on her apartment and called out for her. But the silence of the night was all the answer he got. Feeling devastated, he went to Yugyeom's apartment after buying some beer along the way.

But when he reached Yugyeom's apartment, Jungkook headed straight to the living room without greeting his friend properly. He sat on the couch in a trans-like state, looking at the blank space and refusing to answer any of Yugyeom's questions. His mind was still occupied with the scene earlier where Chaeyoung was telling him that the two of them could not be in a relationship. Until, Yugyeom interrupted his thoughts by screaming crazily right into his ears.

"Dude, what the heck!" Jungkook exclaimed.

"Finally! I just wanted to check if you're actually alive or something. You could easily pass as a living dead five minutes ago." Yugyeom retorted.

Jungkook did not bother answering and proceeded to drink the beer he brought. While Yugyeom shrugged off Jungkook's mood and patiently waited for him to start opening up about his problem.

In a little while, Jungkook eventually started talking about all his frustrations with Chaeyoung's treatment toward him. He wanted to think that Chaeyoung was not playing with his feelings by telling him she liked him one day and rejecting him the next. But her actions were proving him that she could possibly be doing exactly that, even without meaning to. So in the end, he decided to avoid Chaeyoung in the meantime.

... ... ... ... ...

It was only two days after when Jungkook finally went home to his apartment. He had been staying with Yugyeom to completely avoid Chaeyoung, including rejecting her calls and not responding to her texts.