🐟👓Child!Baxter X Reader👓🐟

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🎃♥️A/N~ This was requested by Blacksmith42gmail.com.
Thank you to Blacksmith42gmail.com for requesting.
I hope you all will enjoy!

Have fun while reading!♥️🎃

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^Let Us Begin, Shall We?^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were walking towards the local orphanage where you are going to work at, it was your first day today so you didn't want to be late.
You opened the large door to the orphanage and walked towards the front desk, there you saw a large cat-like demon sitting there and doing some paperwork when she saw you she gently smiled and said a small hello.
You said hello back and told her that you are here for your very first day of work, her smile widens when she heard you say that.
She said that she was expecting you and that you were just there to see the orphanage and probably talk with some of the kids and get to know them a little as you will be taking care of them.
You nodded your head and walked with the cat demon to a medium-sized room that was filled with kids that were either playing with toys, reading or drawing, or even making something out of clay.
She called out to the kids and nearly everyone ran towards her, saying a small hello and asking her who you were and if you were here to adopt any of them.
The cat demon explained that you are a new caretaker in the orphanage and that the kids should listen to you.
One by one the kids went towards you and said their names, while you said yours to them.
Most of the kids were probably from 4 to 9 and not higher than that.
You saw one particular child that didn't even mind to come over or even didn't make a sound from his spot.
When the cat demon saw that he didn't want to come over, she walked towards him and started to talk with him, he just shook his head and started to do whatever he was doing.
The cat demon walked back towards you and said that the child's name is Baxter and that he is really shy and quite panicky, you just nodded your head and started to walk towards the small anglerfish demon.
You sat down next to him and gently started to speak.

"Hello there. What's your name? My name is y/n." You said while gently smiling at the child.

"I-I'm Baxter. It's n-nice to meet y-you t-too." He said while looking away from his book and at you.

You smiled again at the child and started to talk with him about what he likes to do and other stuff, after that you told the small child that you need to talk with the cat demon that you heard someone call Minx.
You walked towards the front desk again and found Minx sitting there finishing her paperwork, you said that you talked with Baxter and that he is a little more open towards you.
She just smiled and nodded her head, after you sat down on a small chair that was in front of the desk, Minx started telling you more about Baxter and the other children that their parents left here.
Some of them just weren't ready to have kids and left them here, while the other were abused and were just dropped off here with nothing but what they were wearing.
Baxter was one of them that the parents just didn't want, and when he was adopted the adoptive parents would just drop him off after some days and say some pretty mean stuff about him and about his behaviour.
You couldn't believe that some people were like this, that they could drop their kids here and not even care about it.
You told Minx that you would go to the kids and see how they all are doing, she just nodded her head and told you that she will be there in a second.
You walked towards the other room and looked inside first, seeing some kids playing while the others were watching the small TV that was playing some sort of a Disney movie.
You walked towards the still reading Baxter and sat down in front of him, he looked up from his book and gave you a small smile before starting to read again.
You asked him small questions about the book and if he liked it, to that he just responded with small answers and saying that the book was alright.