Silly - Daichi Sawamura 🏐

Silly: Noun (informal)
"A foolish person or lack of common sense".

...

"You are silly just like your mother"

...

Your sitting at your desk late at night writing up your hospital report for a patient when all of a sudden a quiet knock at the door rips you from your focus your's and Daichi's youngest son Izumi looking at you with pain in his eyes "What's wrong Izumi?" Youspeak softly like you have done since he was born 20 years ago.

"Can I Talk to you about something? I was going to ask big brother Tatsuo-San but he isnt answering his phone" his  Fingers wrapped tightly together "of course, shut the door and come and talk to your Super helpful Mother" you joke patting the couch opposite your desk as he laughs and plants himself down "well?" You question taking his hands in yours to try and calm him.

"I signed up for my Universities swimming team" he sheepishly tells a squeak escaping you "that great Izumi!" words being met with glazed eyes "thanks mum but is dad going to hate me?" The words spoken as if he was going to cry any second "why would your father hate you?" Your question sounding more like disbelief.

"Well obviously when big brother Tatsuo-San started playing volleyball dad was over the moon and treated him like a prince and now that he is a professional player dad always boast about him and I'm just scared that since I dont want to play volleyball dad will hate me and never speak to me again" each word met with tears as you look at him intently "oh Sweetheart, your farther would never hate you! I promise and even if he did I would beat him senseless" your eyes sharpening as your fingers wipe his tears away.

"Let me call your father okay, and you can tell him yourself...okay?" His head nodding in agreement throwing a quick hug around him before stepping out the room and dialing your husbands number.

.... .... .... "Hey love" his voice sounding tired and flat "Hey yourself, how is work?" You ask the sound of typing in the background filling the 1 second silence "not good we still haven't found a lead on this god dam suspect" your mind having an internal battle whether or not you should tell him dont be stupid! He thinks his dad hates him your son takes priority the mental thought choosing your next words. "I'm sorry to hear that but do you think you could come home early today Izumi thinks you hate him" silence passing for a second "I'll be home right away" the phone ringing endlessly as he hangs up and you go back to your office.

...

"Y/N?, Izumi?" You hear from the entrance to the house as Daichi appears sweat decorating his face, Officer badge titled and his uniform creased to perfection  man he looks soooooo good you mentally tell yourself as he takes a seat beside you the mood in the room different already "I'll go get dinner started" planting a kiss on either of their heads before leaving for the kitchen.

...

"Izumi look at me for a minute" stern vibrations causing his eyes to meet mine "Why would you think I hate you?" The question he asked a mere hours ago shattering his once profound confidence "it's just when Tatsuo started playing volleyball you were so proud of him and gloating to the roof and I figured that you would be the exact opposite because I joined the swim team and not the volleyball team" tears brimming his young face.

... ... ... "you are silly just like your mother" I laugh his face confused "I could never hate you even if i tried Izu. You make me so so proud everyday yeah sure I boast about your brother but ask anyone and they will tell you that I do just the same to you"as i take a breath.

"I couldn't care if you picked volleyball, swimming, football or even chess! At the end of the day you are my son and will never disappoint me... Ever". Tears falling from his eyes as I pull him into a hug "I love you dad" the warmth in my heart spreading "I love you aswell".

...

"Well mum?" Tatsuo speaks through the speaker phone your eyes watching both of them cuddle "looks like it went well" you sigh with relief as he chuckles "I tell you mum, dad calls us silly when in reality he is the one who is silly" the words pondering as a gorgeous orange coloured feeling spreads through the house.