Again - Keiji Akaashi 🏐 (2)

"And for the first time in forever, happy tears finally left her eyes".
...

Akaashi: 22
Y/N: 21

"Are you sure about this?" Your best friend since flying to America Kagami Taiga questions as we both exit the airport and the feeling of fresh air fills your nostrils the bustling streets, food stalls, trees and wildlife making your throat swell with a lump "I'm finally home" the words feeling as unreal as 2 years ago.

"I promise I will phone you everyday" akaashi smiles as his strong arms pull you into a hug both of us not wanting to let this moment end "promise" you repeat, a chuckle leaving his mouth "promise".

It has been 2 years since the day you left for America to get your new prosthetic and here you are, finally back home in tokyo with two functional legs "they are going to be so shocked" you laugh as kagami throws our bags into a cab "I still cant believe you actually want to surpise them on your Boyfriends birthday" his laugh one of disbelief as the taxi driver heads for the MSBY training facility.

...

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait with you" Taiga speaks with guilt in his eyes "seriously its fine, besides you said you have some unfinished business with a certain navy haired basketball player" his cheeks going a tinge of red "be quiet, I guess I'll see you around" he jokes before hoping back into the cab and waving goodbye the big automatic doors taking what feels like forever to open the sight in front of you bringing a tear to your eye.

"GIVE IT BACK BUKOTO-SENPAI!" Hinata screams jumping to try and get his water from my brother "NOT UNTIL YOU APOLOGISE" his normally fiery persona a more dull one as Atsumu and a few others watch from a safe distance. Now or never y/n you mentally prepare taking a deep breath.

...

...

...

"DUMMY-CHAN!" You shout at the top of your lungs all eyes landing on you as the water bottle In his hands falls to the floor his head slowly turning the dual coloured, eccentric, clumsy but brave face you have come to know locking with yours "Y/N?" He whispers as tears roll down our eyes before his head looks down to your leg and back up again "come here you big goof" you cry stepping forward with your arms wide open as his legs run fall speed crahsing straight into your embrace the force of his arms around your waist a good kind of comfort.

"Miss me" you joke as puddles form on his uniform "more than you would believe" his breath tickling your neck as he pulls back placing his hands on your shoulders "you look..." he stutters eyes focused on your leg "amazing Y/N you look amazing" Atsumu chips in pulling you into a hug shortly followed by hinata and the rest of the team "thanks guys" you smile your brothers arm still over your shoulder "come, we have a lot to discuss" he jokes pushing you towards the gym.

...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AKAASHI!" Everyone cheers in the gymnasium friends from high school and nationals all gathered in the gym to celebrate what he thinks is just "his birthday" but I have been his best friend since we were kids the fact "Y/N" isn't here is really difficult for him.

"Thanks everyone" he laughs as I toss a volleyball towards him his hands catching it before looking at me with confusion "why is it Pink and white?" He questions "well I fancied a change" my answer being accepted as he laughs ready to set to me unaware that hiding behind the Atsumu twins is the real person he will be setting to.

...

And just like that it all falls into place, the ball leaving his hands as it approaches and the twins move either side creating a clear path for her as both feet leave the ground, her sun kissed eyes sparkling with joy as the toss connects the ball landing on the other side of the net.

...

...

...

...

...

...

Silence.

Your sun kissed eyes filled with tears locking with his blue ones as the world around us stops "If this is a dream, I don't want it to end" he whispers to your brother "it's real bro, she is right in front of you" as our legs move on instinct your body jumping to latch around his, lips locking together as the sound of people clapping fades around you no words worth speaking as your emotions say it all.

...

"And for the first time in forever happy tears left her eyes" I whisper before a cough escapes me "are you going to tell her?' Hinata pitches in quietly as I watch both of them laugh "no yet, I will one day but right now it is all about them" I mumble.