ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: Qᴜɪʀᴋ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇʜᴇɴꜱɪᴏɴ ᴛᴇꜱᴛ

Start from the beginning

Carlo's beaming smile faltered as he saw his friend clearly nervous. Izuku still hasn't scored something high and he was scared that he is going to lose his spot. "Midoriya is not doing so well, isn't he." Iida spoke beside him. "Of course he's not! He's a quirkless fucking guppy!" Bakugou said proudly. Carlo snapped his attention to the ash blonde and was about to fight him for it, but was cut off by Iida. "'Quirkless'? Didn't you see what happened during the exams?" Bakugou looked at Iida and was confused. As all of that mess was happening, Izuku positioned himself and his arm glowed. Everyone's eyes widen as he threw the ball. But it only landed at 46 meters. Izuku never looked so confused before. "Huh!? I activated my quirk! Why didn't it work!?" He panicked a bit. "Because I erased it. It defies reason. How did somebody like you managed to enter this academy?" Their teacher spoke and Carlo immediately looked at Aizawa. "I KNEW IT!" He screeched, causing everyone to look at the boy. "Whoops! I ended up saying that out loud" he laughed nervously. "What do you mean 'I knew it'?" Kirishima asked. "Erased it? And those goggles...!" Izuku gasped. Now he knew why our protagonist of this fic screech. "The Erasing Hero: EraserHead!" Everyone else looked in confusion but Carlo's. In fact, he was happy that someone else knew him. "EraserHead is an underground hero! He usually work at night!" He exclaimed and everyone nodded, understanding why they don't hear him much. Aizawa then started talking to Izuku about something. Carlo didn't exactly pay attention to Aizawa's harsh words to his friends. What he did focus on is what Bakugou said. Quirkless? He thought deeply that he didn't notice that Aizawa gave his quirk back and that Izuku positioned himself again. The boy threw the ball, and Aizawa anticipated for him to fail. One of his fingers glowed at the last second and caught their teacher off guard. Carlo gasped as the wind grew strong and his attention came back to the test.  He saw that Izuku scored 705.3 meters and felt proud of him. Izuku finally had a high enough grade to be proud of. The greenette clenched his fist and looked at the tired ravennette. "I... I can still move!" he said and Aizawa grinned. "This kid..!" Uraraka and Carlo cheered for their friend, Iida noticed his finger and said his quirk was odd, and Bakugou... He looked shocked and angry. 

The ash blonde rushed to Izuku in anger, screaming. "WHAT IS THIS, DEKU!? EXPLAIN NOW, SHITRAG!!" He growled. His explosions are boosting him. Carlo froze on the spot and cowered. He didn't do well with explosions. Luckily, Aizawa's scarf grabbed the angry kid and stopped him just in time. "The hell!? What's with this scarf!?" Bakugou growled. "It's my special 'capturing weapon', a steel wire alloy woven with carbon fiber. Stop making me use my quirk too much. I got dry eye, damn it!" Aizawa explained. If Carlo wasn't cowering in fear, he would be excited to hear what else can it do and if it is effective enough to his wings. Kirishima noticed that the small boy was shaking in fear and ran to his aid. "Hey, dude! Are you okay?" The red head asked in worry. He received a shaky smile from the indigo haired boy. "Okay uh..." Kirishima looked around to find something or someone that could help his friend, but to no avail. "Oh! Breathe in... Breathe out." He instructed and the other boy followed. His breathing evened out soon after. "Thanks, Kiri!" Carlo smiled, feeling better than before. The other just grinned back and turned his attention to their teacher, who is now announcing their rankings. "Oh yeah, the expulsion thing was a ruse." Aizawa said. "WHAT!?" They screamed, except for a certain student. "Come on, guys! It was obvious!" Yaoyorozu said and Carlo felt faint. He really needs that orange juice and almonds now. "Your curriculum sheets are back in the classroom so give them a once-over." The teacher said, walking away. "And Midoriya, go to Recovery Girl and get yourself get patched up." He said and give the boy an excuse slip. The students looked at their ranks. Carlo ranked 11 out of 21. The boy looked at Midoriya's direction and walked to him, leaving Kirishima who frowned a bit. "Hey Izu! Can I go with you? I need to check my blood pressure and stuff." Carlo said with a smile. "Oh! Sure." The greenette nodded and they started walking to the infirmary.

"So... how are you?" Carlo said, trying to start a conversation. "My finger hurts but It would be okay soon!" Izuku answered with a smile. "Hey can I ask you something?" "What is it?" "What does Bakugou mean by you being quirkless?" Izuku froze. Not expecting anyone to ask that. "Oh! Uh... I'm... A late bloomer! Yeah!" He stuttered out. Carlo rose a brow but didn't question further. "Hey, can you explain your quirk to me?" Izuku asked and the smaller boy smiled. He started to explain it, and the freckled male made mental notes so he can write it later. "So, your wings are made out of the irons of your blood, making you need more iron in your system. And since your body makes blood faster than normal people, it caused you to shed feathers  once a month, usually at night. Those exact feathers are used to produce things for you specifically to avoid ripping things. On the other hand, you sing to lure others in and once they have been exposed long enough, you can control the completely even without eye contact. But how many people can be controlled in one go? it could..." Izuku muttered and Carlo laughed. They arrive at the infirmary and got their treatment then went out to go home. Of course, Carlo finally got his orange juice and almonds.

"I'm pooped..." Izuku said as they both walk. Carlo chuckled as he drink the refreshing drink and saw a familiar lavender hair. "Hey Izu, I'm gonna go talk to someone. You can go on without me!" He said and ran towards Shinsou. "Shinsou!" He called and the lavender haired boy only glanced in annoyance. "Hey! Wait up!" He said and sped up. Reaching him, the tall boy sighed knowing that he won't leave him alone. "What do you want?" He said coldly. "Can I talk to you? About your background?" "And why would I do that?" "Because... we're friends?" the indigo haired boy said as he started playing with his hair, not sure if the words are right. Shinsou looked at him surprised and then scowled. "In what basis are we friends?" He growled. Carlo felt hurt and kept silent. "...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed. I-I'll get out of your hair now." The smaller boy whispered and walked away. Shinsou stared as he walks away, feeling terrible. He let jealousy get the better of him and hurt someone who tried to be friends with him. Wait, why should he care? People only befriended him in fear that he would use his quirk on them. Why would this kid be any different? Shinsou shook his head and went home. Carlo went home and saw no one at home. He ran to his room and hugged his life-sized stuffed bear. He texted Kohaku and asked if she's available. Sadly, his brunette best friend was busy at the shop right after her school day ended. Spring was the busiest season for the shop, anyway. And the fact that her parents are out of town didn't give her any breaks either. He sighed. Carlo didn't want to bother his other friends since they're probably as tired as he is.

ɢᴏᴅ, ʜᴏᴡ ʜᴇ ᴡɪꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ꜱʟɪɢʜᴛʟʏ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ.