Chapter 53

Evangeline's P.O.V

" If it's because what that b*tch said to you earlier in the morning then let me tell you I won't hesitate to kick his ass" Adrian exclaimed which made me frown at him.

How did he know that Rico said something to me?

"What do you mean, Adrian?" I questioned him, wanting to see if my assumption was true.

" I heard how that d*ck confessed his bullshit feelings for you" he responded while I, on the other hand, was trying not to cringe from his choice of words as he literally got no filter.

" How?" I inquired, which made him scratch the back of his head as he looked down for a second in guilt.

"I was at the door at that time, I was about to come and see you that time but when that *sshole started to talk about his feelings, I couldn't help but listen to what he got to say" Adrian explained while I just smiled at him, assuring him that I completely do not mind. He's my brother after all.

"So why didn't you come in after he left. I was all alone by myself and it's starting to get really boring" I stated, lying about the fact that I was starting to get bored as I really don't mind being with myself. I'm used to it. I got so used to it that being or associating with other people makes me uncomfortable, but I still don't get how others hate.

"I saw how you reacted. So, I decided to give you some time to think about what your answer would be" he answered, which made me frown at him.

" What do you mean about some time to think about my decision?" I snapped at him, enraged that what did even made him think that I would be ready to go for another romance when it's just been a week!

"Adrian, what are you even thinking? It's not that I'm being rude but I can't just go and start something with Rico now. Abram and I didn't officially break things off. So, it's basically cheating on him. Plus, it's not that easy, especially since he's the very first guy who made me feel things that I never experienced before" I mumbled as my eyes got watery once again.

"I'm sorry, Eva. I didn't mean to say that. I didn't mean to make you sad, baby sister" he mumbled as he took me into his arms and that's when I broke down, once again completely.

"I-I can't just forget him, Adrian. H..he's everywhere even in my dreams" I cried out as my entire body shook, while Adrian was calmly patting me on my back, trying to make me calm down.

"I know, just be patient with it" he responded, making me look up to him.

"What if we were just meant to meet but not meant for together?" I questioned while my heart beat hard against my rib cage.

If anything apart from the fear of getting my heart broken, the other thing that I fear too, is when someone that I really value would stop loving me. The thought itself is really enough to make me cry and depressed even more. I hate to think about it but what if it really just happened?

"What's meant for you, will always find you. Similarly, if you guys are really for each other then, this type of shits won't even stop you guys from being together. Just be patient and be strong. Everything happens for a reason" Adrian stated as he wiped the tears from my cheeks as he smiled down at me so tenderly that for a moment, I forgot about all of my worries and problems and thanked the God above for blessing me with a brother like him.

" What do you think, does he really love me or just like Rico and dad said, he was just using me?" I mumbled as I looked down at my fingers that were trembling.

"What do you think?" He questioned back to me, which made me look up to him in confusion.

"Nobody can give you an answer to that question except for yourself. So tell me, does he really love you?" He added, which made me recall those days. A month full of nothing but the pure joy of paradise for me. He made me feel alive, confident, and fearless. He put all of all my missing pieces together so easily while I struggled to do it before he came along.

" I don't know what to say, Adrian. He did make sure to love endlessly but why would he hide such a thing from me? I want to believe that maybe everything would fall back into place and that he truly was true to his feelings but I don't want to give myself hope. I don't want to get my heart broken again" I whispered, which made him nod his head in understanding.

"I get what you're trying to say, baby sister. So it means no chance for Rico?" He inquired, which made me laugh at the expression that he was making.

" No. No chance for Rico" I answered, which made him smile at me proudly.

" Good. I don't really like him." He added as he picked up the fork from the tray, feeding me.

Maybe having a brother is really not that bad, right?

----

Another chapter done. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

What's the most stupidest thing your brother ever did? Lemme know 😂😂