Chapter 22

Evangeline's P.O.V

Staring out of the window, Rico's soft humming at the driver seat dances around my ear as he sings along with the song playing on the radio.

"Come on, Eva. Cheer up, why are you so down" he stated as he stares at me through the mirror.

I  smiled at him, not having any words to reply to him as I wasn't in the mood at all to have a chat.

I continued to stare out of the window when a small coffee shop at the side of the street caught my eye, making me sit straight up.

"Rico, can you please stop by that coffee shop?" I requested, wanting to check that small place that caught my eyes for the first time. It felt like it was calling out for me, asking me to check it out.

"Your wish is my command, princess" he joked as he parked right outside, making me smile at him.

Climbing out of the car, I couldn't contain the excitement bubbling inside just by looking at the cozy place.

"Eva, be quick, ok? We don't want to give your father knowing that I'm not taking you straight to the orphanage" Rico stated, making the smile on my face turn into a frown and the excitement into a sorrow once again.

Here we go again with all the rules.

I wonder when I would be able to live just like any other people, without having people constantly reminding you to stay within the line.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder what could happen if I were to go beyond the line.

Letting out a sigh, I nodded at him as I strode inside the coffee shop, inhaling the fresh coffee being brewed and sweet cookies being baked.

This place is heaven but how did I not noticed it before?

Proceeding inside, the place was slightly packed, people rushing in and out to, getting coffees before going to work.

My social anxiety started kicking in and being alone at that packed coffee shop wasn't helping at all.

With my head bowed down, I wasted no time in ordering my drink and as much I wanted to stay much longer and admire the interior, I couldn't just because of my inner thoughts that compelled me to believe that people are staring and judging me even though they are busy with their own businesses.

Damn my thoughts that provoke me to be so anxious being in a public place.

Heading towards the corner of the room to sit, someone grabbing me by my elbow made me halt.

Turning around, Abram, with his usual black crisp suit standing right in front of me with a coffee on his hand, made my breath to be caught in my throat and my eyes go wide.

Just look at how dirty destiny is playing with us. How can I stay away from him when we always find each other somehow?

"H..hey Abram" I stammered out, smiling at him as I tried to conceal how nervous he can make me feel and how my heart starts to sound whenever he's around, reminding me every single time that fairy tales and real love do really exist.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned dumbly, making me instantly regret asking that question.

Of course, he's here to get coffee just like any other people, what type of question is that Evangeline? A small voice at the back of my head voiced out making me cringed at how pathetic I am.

"Well, I always get my coffee here" he answered as he led me towards the corner where the full-length glass shows the overall view of the street was apparent.

Pulling a chair for me, I sat down whispering a small thank you which he returned with a smile making me almost faint at how handsome and breathtaking he looks with a smile instead of his usual frown or scowl he got.

He's handsome but please stop staring at him, Eva. You're starting to look too thirsty. 

"May I know the reason why you're blushing again?" He questioned, making me shake my head.

"Me? Blushing? No, I'm not. I'm not blushing" I reacted, trying to assure him that I'm not blushing even though I know I'm lying.

You're a disgrace, Eva.

"Keep saying that to yourself, princess" he replied as he smirked, clearly enjoying the situation I'm in.

"Don't you have work toda-" he spoke but cut out by the barista calling out my name for my drink.

Well, that's fast.

"Yes, I do. I'm just heading over there but stopped to get a drink" I responded as I got up, making him get up along with me.

"Ohh" he mumbled as we walked side by side together.

Taking my card out to pay for my drink, his hand grabbing mine made me look at him questioning.

"I'll pay" he started getting his own card earning me shake my head at him.

"No, you don't have to" I responded, making him send me a look that he won't take a no for an answer, and arguing with him would be completely useless.

Sighing, I gave up as he took the drink on his hand and my hand on the other as we head towards the exit when someone bumped into me harshly leaving me no time to even react as I felt cold liquid soak the chest area of my dress.

Thank you God for letting me order a cold coffee today instead of hot. Thank you!

Blinking a couple of times with my mouth slightly ajar and my eyes wide open, no words came out of my mouth as gasps and ooh's filled my ear making me want to disappear.

This is too much attention.

______

I hope you guys are enjoying :)