Chapter 28

Abram's P.O.V

"The documents are ready" Sebestian stated, making my head turn into his direction.

"Good. Did you write everything?" I questioned, making him nod in response while Zack and Nicholas sat silently.

"How do we make him sign it?" Nicholas questioned with confusion written on his face, making me smirk but it quickly faded as soon as Zack rolled his eyes.

" That's why we need Evangeline into this plan. Without her, there's no way in hell we can make that f*cker to sign it" I explained, making him nod while Zack shook his head in pure disapproval but then again, I brushed it off, not wanting to start an argument with him because the more we do it, the more he's starting to make sense and I do not like that at all.

"How exactly do you plan to make Evangeline give the papers to her father?" Nicholas questioned once again but I happily answered.

" Giving her the papers would not be a problem at all, but the problem is how would you be assured that she won't read the papers? Also Alex is not dumb. He would surely read them before signing" Nicholas explained, making me just nod my head while Sebestian glanced at me, waiting for me to say something as Nicholas was right after all.

I can't afford to mess up this chance. I have to play my cards carefully.

"That's why I won't be the one giving her the papers, because I know curiosity would make her want to see what's written on the papers, so one of you must give it to her so that she would think that it's just normal paperwork. And, with all the chaos going on at the company, I don't think Alex would read it. We know he's already getting old" I responded making them nod their heads.

"Okay, so when do we give it to her?" Sebestian questioned, making me silent and once again the anger was blinding me.

I hate to use Evangeline but I can't also forget the torture my family went through.

"We still have time, Abram. You're just blinded with anger now. You don't know what you're doing. Stop it before you regret" Zach tried to reason but all I could think about how our one of best friends tried to go against us, and used my sister.

"They should be thankful that I'm not even doing anything close to what they did." I hissed, as I glared at him.

"You know what, you will be the one giving the papers to Evangeline" I stated, leaving no room for any arguments.

"You're really out of your f*cking mind!" he boomed but I pretended not to care but deep down I was fuming.

Getting up, I stormed out of the drawing-room, ignoring Zack's tantrum as I paddled upstairs to my bedroom.

Laying on my bed with my head swirling with zillions of thoughts and once again, there she was at the back of my head with her shy smile, displaying her two deep dimples at both sides of her cheeks, and her bright grey eyes fixated at me.

F*ck you, Evangeline for f*cking up my mind. I thought to myself as I closed my eyes, trying my hardest to block her face out of my mind.

~~~~

Waking up, sweating with my chest heaving up and down as short breaths leave my mouth and my mind fogged as my usual nightmare felt so real that it felt like I was living up to the same vision, again and again, every night.

Standing up with my shaky legs, I headed to the shower, to get ready to visit them.

It's been exactly five years and I still can't overcome the grief and my nightmares that come, hunting me every single night.

They say time heals the wound, but I can only feel mine getting worst every day that passes.

After showering, I got dressed and was about to head downstairs when my phone went off. Fishing it out of my pocket, Evangeline's name was flashing making me wonder why she's calling at this time of the morning.

"Hello?" I greeted as I descended the stairs.

" Hello, Abram. Did I wake you up? " She questioned with her voice as timid as usual.

"No, I was already awake," I answered, trying my best not to snap at her.

Keep your cool Abram. Don't mess this up.

" I was wondering if we could meet up today?" She stated, with her voice full of uncertainty and I could literally tell how much she already debated and overthink about it.

"No, I'm busy today" I replied and as much I'm trying to not leash out my anger on her unnecessarily, I couldn't control the coldness in my voice.

"Ohh, I'm so sorry. Okay then I'll talk to you later on" she mumbled as she hung up not even bothering to wait for me to say goodbye.

Rude much? I thought to myself, making the voice at the back of head scoff.

Well, you're not a saint either. Poor girl just wanted to meet up.

As much as I wanted to take my time to get to know her, I know better than do that, especially when I'm about to ruin her father's life and bring down his company that meant a lot to him and not only that.

I would even get the 50% shares that he refused to sell to me, forcefully and to add, I would even mess with his shipping of weapons in Spain that could even probably land him behind bars.

It may sound selfish or ruthless but for me it sounds like a pay back.

..

What do you guys think? Let me know ❤️