Chapter 34

Evangeline's P.O.V

I didn't know how long I was staring at the black sky until someone cleared their throat behind me, made me jump in surprise and my heart raced in fear. It looks like I have a company.

Oh, no.

"Aren't you feeling cold" he questioned, making me turn around faster than a bullet.

He's here!

Standing right beside the door, where the light outlined his figure. While my breathing became uneven as I can feel his gaze running on my body up and down, making my body that was shivering in cold a while ago suddenly turned hot.

"N..no" I replied as I turned my back to him once again. Don't let him affect you, Evangeline. Don't be so weak.

Hearing his footsteps nearing me, I let my hand gripped the railing as I closed my eyes , counting numbers in an attempt to control my breathing but got even worse when I could feel his heat on my back due to his closeness.

Deciding that I should go back,I turn around to leave but him, grabbing me by my arm made me stop.

"What do you want, Abram?" I questioned, willing myself not to break.

Exactly four days. Four days. All I wanted was a single reply from him but all he did was leave me on seen.

"Let me go, Abram" I stated, trying to act tough but my voice gave it all away.

"No. I want to talk to you" he answered making me scoff as he looked at me questioning.

"Now you want to talk. These four days, I have been calling and texting you, but not once you replied" I exclaimed, making him look down in guilt.

" I'm sorry" he whispered, making tears blur my vision.

It's my fault to even think that he feels the same. It's my fault that I've been asking for so much.

"I was scared," he added, making me frown at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, making him lift up his head that was bowed down a while ago.

"I was scared to let you in. I was scared of opening my heart for you. I was to bring down the walls that I managed to put up with so much difficulty" he stated, taking both of my cold hands into his large and warm ones.

My head was starting to spin while processing every word that he said but his dark brown eyes staring right into my grey ones were making it a hard task for me.

"But not anymore, I made up my mind, Evangeline. I want you to be mine" he added making my eyes widen as I felt like my ears were deceiving me.

"Wh.. what?" I questioned dumbly, making him smile at me.

"Be my girlfriend" he stated, making me smile at him while I was utterly confused.

Wait, what?

"You want me to be your girlfriend?" I whispered, making him nod his at me.

" Aren't you supposed to ask me like any other guy?" I teased, making him frown at me.

" I don't care how others do it and how. But this is who I am, Evangeline. I can't promise you that I would be a perfect boyfriend because I have my own flaws but I can promise you that I would try my best to be perfect to you" he explained, making the smile on my face widened as I placed my hand into his cheek.

"You don't have to change yourself, Abram," I replied, placing my hand into his cheek making him lean into my touch with his eyes closed, while both of his hands were on my waist, holding me tight.

" Do you accept me as your boyfriend, Evangeline?" He questioned and just by looking at him anyone would be able to tell that he's nervous.

"Yes, Abram Valentino" I whispered into his ears, making him chuckle as he kissed the side of my head.

Taking my face into his hands, he leaned in and took me off guard, by kissing me on my lips, making the butterflies in my stomach fluttered violently but in a good way while my hand clutched his suit.

Call me pathetic, call me weak but one thing I realized was love could make you feel so helpless, stupid but powerful at the same time.

Melting into his arm, I knew for sure that after this there's no turning back.