Chapter 66

Abram's P.O.V

My eyes followed Nicholas and Zack as they carried Adrian inside the car with blood dripping down to the concrete floor.

My hands were cold as I tried to calm myself down. There's so many questions inside my head that I badly need answers but I'm too terrified to speak them out because I know that the answers will hurt me and dim out the small flickering of hope inside me that, maybe I can still fix things that I ruined.

There are so many things that are happening that my head fails to process them.

Where are you baby? How can you just leave Adrian here all alone and badly injured? What made you leave, Evangeline?

"Do you think he'll make it?" I mumbled to Sebestian behind me, as I watch the car drove away.

Instead of answering, Sebestian let out a loud sigh, making my head turn towards his direction.

" I don't know" he mumbled as he looked down to his shoes, and I could bet with all my wealth that we're thinking the same thing.

He betrayed us. Killed my family and yet, I can't see him suffering. F*ck me for being so sensitive!

Clearing my throat, I straightened my shoulders and decided to focus on the matter in hand.

" How long till we find the warehouse that he's talking about? There are almost total 3 groups here in this area and I bet there could be about hundreds warehouse so how in the f*cking hell are we supposed to know which one they are in?" I exclaimed as I paced up and down in the pavement.

"F*cking hell. I swear to God if we don't find them by today, it won't be good. I'm loosing my f*cking mind. Where the f*ck is she?!" I growled as I pulled my hair.

Feeling frustrated and helpless since I don't have any idea what my next move should be, which is very unlikely of me since I always have things under control, always two steps ahead, but this time, I'm on the verge of falling into my knees and beg anyone just to bring her by my side.

"I-I just can't do this anymore. I just w..want this hide and seek sh*t to end" I mumbled as I let out a sigh.

" I know" Sebastian mumbled, making me sigh once again as I tried to keep my posture straight and my raging emotions at bay.

--

Evangeline's P.O.V

As I sat on the bed, packing my clothes and other stuff into the small bag, a sudden sound of sharp glass shattering made me jump and my heart pounding hard and fast.

My eyes widened as my ears peaked, to listen closer what could be happening.

Sound of loud footsteps against the wooden floor made me stood up from the bed as my hand started to get clammy, and my head started to feel light weight, that's when I know that I have company in the house.

Deep down into my chest, I already know what could be happening downstairs, but I tried my best to push all the thoughts away as I attempted to calm my breathing.

I stood shakily in front of the door, contemplating whether I should check out what's happening, but the wise part of me is screaming to stay inside, but it soon faded.

"Motherf*cker, I'll kill you!" Adrian suddenly shrieked, making my mouth fall wide open and my eyes pop out.

Hell no! Please God, tell me that whatever I'm thinking right now is wrong.

Inching closer to the door, my shaky hand, gripped the doorknob and just when I was about to twist it open, loud steps climbing my stairs made me jump back and twist the door locked.