Chapter 68

*Trigger warning*

Rico's P.O.V

They said, love makes you blind, that it makes you go to extents you never knew that existed, and I never believed it.

In fact, I used to laugh whenever I hear people blabber about love and all, but now, looking back. I understand what they really meant. I understand why people can go to such extents that may sound horrible to others.

Standing over Adrian's limp body, right beside my feet. No remorse ran through my vein as I watch him struggle to breathe as the seconds pass.

I want to somehow feel dejected for him, but nothing came inside me except happiness.

His shirt is now torn in some places from the knife I stabbed him with. Blood gushing out freely, making his body paler and paler, but yet, I couldn't stop staring at his limp and weak figure and not because I regret my actions.

In fact, I'll do it over and over again just for that girl that has been haunting and making me crazy me since the day one and it's completely alright since after all, everything is fair in love and war, right?

As cheesy it may sound, but it's completely understandable and it does totally make sense now.

Stomping the heel of my foot at his open wound, his eyes closed in agony while his mouth opened, but no sound came out.

He's completely at my mercy now and I could end it right here and then, but I won't, because like a crazy psychopath I am, I'll rather leave him here all alone on verge of dying and the last face he sees would be mine.

His eyes was already droopy, which only made me smirked.

"And that's what happens when you try act all hero, big brother" I stated, leaving him all alone, marching towards the stairs where it would be just me and my little birdie.

I almost lost control with Evangeline, I was so close at almost having her, so close at making her mine, but it was the goddamn phone call that ruined everything, but I know deep down that the phone call was a blessing in disguise.

I don't know what I could have possibly done if Edwardo didn't call me.

Evangeline's eyes that once held warmth and affection for me, now holds fear and disgust and to be honest, it does make me think twice of my doings, but at the same time, the other part of me doesn't regret anything because at least, I have her now to myself.

The ugly beast inside me wants to punish her. For choosing that f*cking Abram instead of me.

Only God knows why she had to choose him over millions of guy out there.

As we drove towards Edwardo's hideout, my finger traced her bare thighs that are painted with  purple and red bruises, while she looked out the window, keeping her face away from me while her lips was pressed together as she tried to keep herself from breaking down, making me clench my jaw in anger.

Drawing my hand, I gripped the steering wheel hard as I thought to myself. Is it worth it? Is it worth risking everything just to be with her while she can't even stand to look at me? Is it worth it to shed blood for this bitch that won't even look me in the eyes?

I continued driving further away from the city, where my old friend, Edwardo will be letting us into his hideout where we can lay low for some days, till I'm given my next order and also so that lover boy can't find us.

I exactly don't have any idea how long we would have to stay low but I just want to finish this job and get over it. And as much I'm obsessed with this woman over here, it does get tiring dealing with her hatred.