Chapter 65

Abram's P.O.V

Pushing the door opened, my eyebrows drew together as I thought of many reasons why it was unlocked.

Rico served the army before, he knew better than to leave the front door unlocked, especially when they are on the run, or I think they were.

"I don't have a good feeling" Zack muttered as we entered the living room, while my heart started beating furiously at the sight in front of us.

It was empty, but the room was almost turned upside down. The throw pillows were scattered around the floor while the vase laid into broken pieces across the wall.

"What the hell happened here?" Nicholas muttered, while my head was foggy as I couldn't make up any positive thoughts about could have really happened as I already have an idea and all I could wish is that maybe I'm not too late.

I don't know what really happened or what could happen but all I know is, I'll take her back home, I'll win her back and we'll start over.

"Where are they?" I whispered under my breath as I walked further into the room, assessing over the things that gives me clue that I'm not ready to accept.

Please, just be fine baby. Just me fine. I whispered as I walked towards the sofa where a light pink sweater laid.

Sitting down, I couldn't help myself but to pick the sweater up and automatically a smile formed on my face as I remember her wearing it when we used to secretly meet up on the park. She used to wear it with her cotton dress.

Her sweet smell engulfed me and as much as I want to hold the sweater close to me, I can't because I'm with the boys and I have to put aside my emotions first.

"Let's check if they're here" I stated as I got up and threw the sweater across the room, making my heart clench but it's no time to act like a baby.

"Nicholas and Zack, check upstairs and we'll check here," I added, making them nod and rush towards the stairs while, me and Sebestian walk towards further inside.

We proceeded towards the empty cold hall that leads to a door which I assume would be the kitchen as there's a dining table just right outside.

This house doesn't have any homey touch to it. It almost look like a hide out. Perfect for hiding as it's far away from the city which means, less attention.

"I don't think, they would be here, Abram. Something is off and I can tell it" Sebestian whispered as we tiptoed towards the door, trying to make no sound even though we don't even know if we have company or not.

"Let's just check the house. I know she's here. She has to be here" I answered, trying to convince myself that she's here and we will get to meet soon.

Reaching the closed door, I let out a breath before twisting the doorknob opened.

Pushing the door, my soul almost left my body when my gaze fell down on the tiled floor colored with dark blood liquid and the worst part was I didn't know whether to be angry or sad.

Sebestian let out a shaky breath as he tried to compose himself by holding on to the wall beside him.

No words came out of our mouth as we continued to gaze down, head too foggy to even think straight. There wasn't any sounds except for the laboured breathing and except for the loud footsteps of Nicholas and Zack coming down the stairs.

"Bro, she's not here nor the maggot" Zack exclaimed as he reached the bottom stairs and run towards where we were standing, completely unaware of what we just discovered.

"I know" I mumbled as I continued to stare down on the floor, making him come closer inside the kitchen and just like us, his soul almost left his body as he let out a loud gasp.

"Bro..." He whispered as his eyes widened.

"What do we do?" He mumbled as he turned his face to look at mine.

"I-I don't know..." I muttered, completely in shock.

" Let's just help him before Nicholas sees him" he added but it was too late.

"Before I see who?" Nicholas questioned from behind, making all three of us to hold our breath as he make his way inside.

"Oh God! " He exclaimed as he fell on his knees, trying to put pressure on his wounds.

"No, Adrian. You can't f*cking die, bro" he screamed desperately, trying to somehow stop the bleeding, but it was way too much.

"Bro, what are you staring? Help him!" he exclaimed while I stood like a statue, not having any idea what to do.

I always wanted him dead, to make him pay for what he did but seeing him so vulnerable and close to death, I can't seem to take it, or to believe it maybe it's because I still think of him as my brother.

"Abram, get your sh*t together!" Nicholas screamed once again, making my head less foggy.

" It-it's no use, Nicholas. He's gonna die anyway" Sebestian spoke out for the very first time, making me turn my head towards him.

He's right, Adrian already lost too much blood.

The stabs on his stomach are way too many and I can tell that they are very deep, but yet, he's trying way too hard to hold on, even though his eyes kept on rolling back to his head.

The one who did it to him is just too cruel. They just left him here to die in painful and slow death.

But the question is, who did it and is Evangeline's with them?

"Let's just f*cking help him out" I boomed, surprising myself as well as the boys.

Without wasting anymore second, Nicholas and Zack helped him out and tried to carry him out but, Adrian holding onto my wrist stopped them.

His hand was cold and his face is too pale. I don't think, he's going to make it but at least, I don't have to live with the guilt of letting him die even though I could help him.

"W.. warehouse.. E.. Eva.. R..rico" he whispered with so much difficulty, making me let out a sigh in anger.

Nodding my head to Zack, they proceeded to take him out while Sebestian and I stayed back, ready to actually take my girl home.

.....

An update finally!! It's been so long since the last time i updated and I'm extremely sorry, i have been quite busy these days but i really hope you guys will like this chapter.

Let me know what you guys think and if by any chance any of you wants to reach out to me then DM me on Instagram. @nfzbhaiii

Happy reading!!! :)