Chapter 26

Abram's P.O.V

Storming out of the meeting room, everyone parted away from my way, knowing better than to mess with me at this time.

Reaching the parking lot, I unlocked the car and sped out of there heading into my penthouse. I don't have any idea what to do, how to release the anger of not being able to protect them, not being able to save them but there's one thing for sure, I would avenge their death. It's time they get to rest in peace.

And it's time for the demons to stop hunting me in my sleep.

As I reached my destination I headed inside where Sebestian was already there sitting with a glass of scotch on his hand, with his head bowed down.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be in a meeting?" He questioned, his voice full of distress as he continued to look down.

"And aren't you supposed to be guarding the shipments?" I questioned back, making him chuckle but it was fake.

"I can't focus on my work" he whispered as he sniffed, making my heart clenched as my jaw tightened. I know exactly what you feel, brother.

Just like I lost my sister, he lost his lover, his oxygen that kept him alive but sadly we couldn't protect her. We failed her.

Not saying anything, I proceeded towards my room to change into my workout clothes.

Changing, I headed towards the gym where the punching bag was. Without wasting any second, I started throwing punch after punch, giving all my might, hoping the agony inside my chest will come to halt but it only made it worst and I want it to stop.

With each punch, pain shoots into my knuckles but it doesn't match the agony, the grief, and the beast that's raging inside me, dying to unleash.

With each punch, my baby sister's bright, wide smile and her contagious laugh that soon turned in a scream full of pain and horror as they let their men take chances with her one by one.

How they abused and beat her without no mercy right in front of my mother while she screamed until her throat gave up while they forced my father to watch until he couldn't take it and suffered from a heart attack but yet, they refused to show humanity instead they shot him right into his head, letting his pool of blood coat my mother's limp body and they had to nerve to record every single second and sent it to me.

But that's not the end, they slaughtered my sister and parceled her head right into my doorstep and was soon followed by my parents' body that was cut into pieces but yet I didn't do anything.

I stayed silent, silent as I could as I took my time planning to take them down until I saw Evangeline.

She was never part of the plan of taking her father's empire down until I saw her in that event how Alex treats her like a princess and that's when I realized that she would be perfect to use for my revenge just so that Alex would know how it feels to be betrayed, so that's when I changed the plan, but then these last few days of hanging out with her.

She reminded me of Amanda, how she's dragged into the mess even though she knew nothing.

The innocence that reflected into my sister's eyes was similar to hers but she's a lot different than her family that is cold-hearted, which is a perfect asset being a part of the underworld, unlike her which is so pure that you would feel it just by staying with her.

Because of her, I'm having second thoughts about whether to use her or not and just carry on with my old plan but then the impact of using her against her father would be a lot better, but then deep down, the small good part of me screaming no, but I know for a fact that I'll be doing the opposite.

Just because of a single throne that my father used to lead, jealousy and greed arose. Blood was shed, innocent people were dragged and love ones were lost but at the end of all chaos, I got the throne but at what cost?

I became the leader of the most feared and high ranked mafia, that every mafia wishes to take down, to conquer.

A billionaire businessman in the day and a ruthless gang leader at night, but is it worth it? What would I do with all of these when I lost my most precious treasure, that's my family?

Panting hard, I stopped for a second when I felt blood dripping down to my arms from my now busted open knuckles from not wearing any gloves but I could barely feel the pain. At this point, I completely had no idea whether what I was feeling was pain or pleasure of seeing the blood drip down.

It felt numb and the anger was still bubbling inside me making me not being able to think clearly.

After an hour later, I headed back to my room to take a shower to clean the sweat off my body and to dress my badly bruised knuckles.

Getting dressed, I headed downstairs to see the three of the boys sitting on the sofa.

Sitting down, I started dressing my wounds when Sebestian all of sudden spoke up.

"The documents are ready" 

______

Let me know what y'all think!!