Chapter 33

Evangeline's P.O.V

Sitting in front of my vanity table, I curled my black hair into waves as I stared at my reflection in front of the mirror.

Not going to lie, I look good. Glitters on my eye and pointed eyeliner that compliments my grey eyes even more and nude lipstick.

Overall, I was satisfied with how I look and how beautiful that dress is and the way it clung into my body.

Brushing my curls with my fingers, I sprayed some hairspray to make it long-lasting. Getting up from the chair, I picked up the heels that my mom said would look best with my dress and walked to my room, ready to go.

Slipping the heels on, I grabbed my purse, heading downstairs where my parents are already waiting patiently.

Once we got into the car, the tension between my mother and father was thick. Since their fight that day, they barely talked with one another.

Sandwiched between both of them, I fiddle with my fingers, feeling nervous.

"Once we got there, I want to be in your best behavior, alright Eva?" My father stated, making me nod my head like an obedient puppy, while my mother snorted.

" You can't tell what to do and how to behave. She's old enough to decide for herself" my mother exclaimed, while my father sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Don't start now, Melissa" he muttered as he looked outside of the window, ignoring my mother.

"Don't listen to him, my love. You do what you feel is right" she said to me, taking my hand, making dad to glare at her and her glaring back at him.

Biting my lips, I prayed silently to reach the hotel as soon as possible as I can't any longer handle the tension between them.

After a few minutes, the car abruptly stopped right in front of the luxurious hotel.

Opening the door for us, my father got out first, extending his hand for me to take, which I took, praying and hoping not to trip because me, a long dress and heels do not go very well.

Smiling at the blinding cameras, we headed inside and took the elevator to take us to the very top floor where the event was hosted.

Listening to the elevator music, I tried to calm my raging nerves by breathing in and out but sadly it wasn't helping at all.

My hands shook at my sides and heart pounded inside my chest as we neared the top floor.

So many people would be there, again staring and judging my every move. One wrong move and I would be the topic of every conversation of the women present there.

The elevator dinged as it opened wide on the top floor. Walking beside my mom as my father led us inside, I couldn't help but squeeze my mom's hand in nervousness.

"You can do it, Eva." She whispered as she smiled at me, rubbing soothing circles into my palm.

The second we got in, my father already got engaged in conversation with the men that wore usual crisp suits, and the same was with my mother but at the women, at her age, as they started talking about their boutiques and stuff while I pretend to be listening but I wasn't as I was already lost on my own thoughts when one of the ladies accidentally bump the champagne glass, making its content spilled on the table and wet the side of my arm that's rested on top of the table.

"Oh, dear I'm so sorry" she apologized as she wiped my arm with a tissue.

"No, it's alright" I assured her as I smiled, wiping it myself.

"I'll just go wash it, it's so sticky" I stated as I stood up, making my mom look at me in uncertainty, asking with her eyes if I would be fine by myself.

Nodding at her, I head towards the restroom that was at the very corner where it was less crowded.

Once I got inside of the restroom, I washed my arm and dried it off with a tissue and instead of going back, I decided to stay a little bit longer inside by myself which is much better than trying to engage myself with ladies who talk nothing about fashion which I know nothing about.

After minutes of playing games on my phone, I decided to head back as they're probably wondering what's taking me so long.

Walking on the corridor that leads back to the main hall, a door at the side which is a balcony caught my eyes, tempting me to go there.

Maybe a little bit of fresh air won't hurt right?

Opening the door of the massive balcony, I walked out towards the railing, shivering slightly on my backless dress, making the hair on my arms stand up but that still didn't stop me from admiring the night sky where stars were glittering that emphasized the dark night even more.

I didn't know how long I was staring at the black sky, until someone cleared their throat behind me, made me jump in surprise and my heart raced in fear. It looks like I have a company.

Oh, no.

Deludedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें