Chapter 8

Now:  Jimin's POV:

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Now:
  Jimin's POV:

  It was our first official day in Gwangju. Hoseok Hyung had left us a note saying that he was off to work and to not wait up for him.

  The mess from last night had all been cleaned up by him either after Taehyung and I went to bed or this morning.

  Since we had nothing to do, Taehyung and I left the house to go "exploring". Hoseok Hyung had been nothing but a good host, so I thought that it would be a good idea if we made dinner for him tonight, as a thank you.

  It was a good day. The streets outside were starting to get decorated for the Christmas spirit. It was cold as a typical December day, and there was no sun out.

  Nevertheless, being in Taehyung's car, watching him blast out music that I didn't listen to, made me feel more at home than I have ever felt.

  Seeing him behind the driver's wheel, relaxed and happy, made me anticipate the days that were to come.

  Despite the cold weather, the streets were filled with tons of people, some getting their Christmas shopping done, others drinking warm drinks with friends, and families walking hand in hand.

  I didn't know what Hoseok Hyung liked to eat, so I let Taehyung pick out most of the food.

  Although I had met him last night, and we already got over the introductions and sharing old memories, tonight's dinner felt more official.

  Hoseok Hyung was still Taehyung's family, probably the only family he had left. Hoseok Hyung said that the house that we were staying in was his family home, yet why would he be living there all alone?

  I knew that it wasn't my place so I never asked where his parents were. Seeing that neither mentioned that they would be coming to see Taehyung after so long, made me think that they either moved far away, or had passed away.

  Despite Taehyung's protests, I paid for the groceries using my debit card. Another thing that we had to talk about was the fact that we had to share the expenses from now on, and that just one person couldn't be paying all the time.

  I knew that he felt weird whenever I paid for all of our meals whenever we went out, but from now on we were going to be on the same financial level.

  I will also have to remind myself that stating from now on, I wouldn't be able to make any impulsive purchases. I don't know if that was part of me not having to be financially dependent on my family or just a part of growing up in general.

***

  The house was warm when we came back. Hoseok Hyung was still at work but the heating was working.

  I was chopping vegetables as I heard my name. It was neither Taehyung nor Hoseok Hyung that called me. I knew that it could probably be a coincidence, and that there were thousands of people that had the same name as me, yet I couldn't help but look back at the TV.