Chapter 6

Now:  Jimin's POV:

  Now:
  Jimin's POV:

  We had been driving for some time now. Taehyung had blasted the music on the radio and was driving a little bit over the speed limit. I didn't say anything. As I sat in the backseat, watching him laugh I didn't dare say anything.

  His cousin, Hoseok, didn't say much either. I guess he thought that he should leave the small talk for when we arrive at his place, clearly since the driver was way too absorbed in driving.

  I had sat behind him on his motorcycle numerous times, and I had held on to him for dear life as he used to speed down the roads of the big city, yet I have never seen him this excited about anything.

  As we reached the neighborhood, Hoseok turned off the radio, and Taehyung got the hint that he should also slow down.

"We don't want to scare the neighbors.", he parked on the curb next to a small one-story house.

"Welcome home.", the area was quiet. It looked like the place where families lived. The houses were all around the same size and it looked like a typical suburban neighborhood.

  The house itself was nice. The dining room and living room were one big room, making the space look cramped. Nevertheless, it still held that homey feeling as the outside portrayed.

"The bedroom is down the hall; you guys can stay there. I will be taking the couch."

"No that's fine. We don't want to invade."

"Don't worry about it. You can make yourself at home. Just like your barbarian boyfriend is doing right now.", Taehyung had already taken the bags, and was moving towards the bedroom, clearly knowing the way.

"I'd apologize, but you probably know him better than I do.", when Hoseok laughed, it was a genuine laugh. Maybe it was his constant smiling face and his general friendliness that reassured me that we would be okay staying here.

"You guys are probably tired, but how about some drinks first?"

"Sounds great.", Taehyung sat down at the table, stretching his limbs and letting out a long sigh.

"Mind if I go freshen up first?"

"The bathroom is right next to the bedroom. I hope you guys don't mind but we will all have to be sharing it while you're staying here."

  It was around midnight now. Maybe ever later than that. As I splashed water on my face, I couldn't help but wonder about my family. My mother was probably out of her mind right now. I don't doubt that my younger brother, Jungkook, had already given her the letter, but I know that she would still be worrying.

  I was tired and my back hurt. Yet at the same time, I felt more alive than I ever had in my entire life. Maybe because I was finally on my own, doing whatever I wanted. Or maybe it was because of that crazy dark-haired guy that drove like a maniac.