Chapter 10

Pam woke up really worried, when she saw Priscah still hadn't returned. She had tried her number all through the night to no avail.
     She hurriedly bathed and got dressed ready to head to the cafe. This was unusual for Priscah to not answer her phone.
    She tried calling again but it was switched off. A foreboding feeling came over her. She hurried to the cafe but not before she left a note. "Heading to the cafe to look for you, call me if you get home before I do, I'm worried."
      She quickly boarded a bus heading towards the cafe. When she got there, she met Matteo on duty.
     "Hi Matt, how are you doing?" Pam asked. "I'm good, to what do I owe this honor?" He smiled.
        "I'm really worried, Priscah didn't come home last night. Last time I spoke to her was around eight last night. She said the cafe was really busy and that she would probably be working late. But her phone has been switched off. Her last seen online was around ten last night." Pam says. "I can't help but have this nagging feeling that something is really wrong" she finishes.
     "When I came in this morning, the place was properly locked up and the alarm was set, which means she left here. We can check the time the alarm was set to know exactly when she left." He offers.
      "Okay,great, let's do that,"Pam agreed. When they checked, it was set at ten twenty eight pm last night.
    "Listen I'm really worried, if she set it at this time, it means she still had some time to go to the bus-top and board the bus,"Pam utters.
     "Except, if she didn't board it," he says.
     "What?" Pam almost screamed. "I'm saying we have to keep our options open, someone could have picked her up," he quickly adds.
    "She doesn't know anyone like that here. Besides if she had someone or plans like that, she would have told me." She countered.
     "We have to start by finding out if she got on that bus or not," Matt said.
     They quickly locked up the cafe and hurried to the police station. When they got there, the police where no help at all. They where so dismissive at first then said they couldn't declare her a missing person until forty eight hours had passed.
       "But she could be long dead by then," Pam argues. They just went back to ignoring them.
    Fed up, they left they station confused and frustrated.
     That was when they ran into Alessandro.

Alessandro's POV
        By the time I was done with my meetings, it was past ten in the night. I hurried to the cafe, only to meet it locked. I drive home exhausted, but I planned to go see my angel the next day.
     She was off, so hopefully, by some miracle, I could get to spend some time with her.
     Unfortunately, throughout this morning, I had been swamped with meetings. I and Enzo had to go check one of the construction site.
        It was almost midday. We were returning when Enzo suddenly asked the driver to stop. He got down and approached a couple. I looked closely to see it was my angel's friend. She was with a guy that looked oddly familiar.
       I sighed, what did Lorenzo want with them. Well maybe I could get some news about my angel from her.
      I mean they were always together, so why was she out here alone. Where was my angel? I got down and approached them. She looked really worried and it looked like they where coming from the police station. Was everything alright with my angel? I panicked.
     "Are you okay?" I asked when I got to them. "Yea, sure, why wouldn't I be?" She asked me suspiciously. Her partner just stared at me in fright.
       "Nothing, I answered. How's Priscah? I know she's not working today." I say
       Since when where you guys on first name basis? Last time I checked, she hated you. Do you have anything to do with her disappearance." She said before she could stop herself.
    "Disappearance? Who disappeared?" I asked dangerously. "No one," she answers. "We should get going,"she says and thugs at the arm of her partner, pulling him away with her as she hurried along.
     "Where's Priscah?" My voice thundered, stopping them cold in their tracks.
    "We don't know, she didn't go home last night" the guy spoke up for the first time. The friend glared at him. "What do you mean she didn't go home?" Enzo asked.
        "I don't know. Last time we spoke, she told me how the store was busy and that she would probably be working late. Then the alarm was set around ten twenty eight last night, meaning she left then. What I'm not sure of is if she got on the bus," she says.
     "I can find that out, get in the car, I would drop you off here you need to be," I say.
       Once we were in the car, I quickly made some calls. I told the driver to head to the cafe.
      "We also need to consider she might just be with someone, I mean a friend or a lover." It was Lorenzo that spoke up now. I glared at him. He looks at me and innocently mouths "what?"
      Her friend speaks up, "She doesn't have another friend, and certainly no lovers." I almost smiled, then I realized that was worse.
       Few minutes later I got the feedback, she never boarded the bus. They looked at me expectantly, I shook my head at them. We were back to square one.
     "I drove to the cafe around that time last night, I should have ran into her, if you said she left the cafe at that time," I say.
        We where missing something here. "Wait, her friend spoke up, if you passed there and didn't see her, could it be she took another route. I mean are there any other roads leading to the bus top? Probably a shorter route?" She asked.
    The three of us looked at ourselves, "the alleyway we chorused!"