An Important Message About The World [Please Read]

Hello, it's been a long time since I last interacted with you all. I miss this platform and I miss you guys. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart for the kindness and love you have all shown me. Thank you so much for 101K reads. Thank you for giving this story a chance (as much as I cringe when I read this now). I will always write because of you guys.

While I would love to celebrate, I feel the need to use this platform I have been given, no matter how small it is. It is very apparent, now more than ever, that our world is in a state of chaos. Lives are being taken every day, and this is NOT new. Systematic racism has a long history not only in the US, but in the world. As a person of color, a woman, and a part of the LGBTQ+ community, I have ALWAYS fought for what I believe is right. I have ALWAYS believed in equality and making change.

I wanted to speak to all of you and let you know that no matter your race, your gender, your platform, your age, etc; YOU CAN SPEAK UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT! You don't need to be a POC, an adult or a celebrity to stand up and take action for what you believe in. Enough is enough, this is OUR time to make the world hear us. Too many lives have been lost because of the color of their skin. There are too many names we must say. My heart aches every day for my community. That's why we need to come together now to make a change for the future.

I would be writing all day if I were present all the facts, all the evidence, etc.

I am here right now to tell you to EDUCATE YOURSELF. Be informed on what is happening and the history behind this movement. Listen to the voices of the black community. Do research.

If you are protesting, be smart. Be safe. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. Wear a mask, hide your identity, be aware of your surroundings. Bring food, water, and first aid supplies. Don't travel alone, ESPECIALLY if you're a woman, a POC, etc. Know your 1st, 4th and 5th amendment rights specifically.

If you are white and you support this movement, USE YOUR PRIVILEGE. Amplify the voices of the black community and protect your black brothers and sisters during this time.

This BlackLivesMatter movement is NOT a trend, a chain, a photoshoot, or a chance to let out your violent tendencies. If you find yourself in a riot, riot FOR THE RIGHT REASONS. Do not riot with no cause. Exercise your right to peacefully protest.

If you can't attend/aren't comfortable with attending a protest, you can help by spreading important information, signing petitions, donating, and supporting the movement.

With that being said, please take care of yourself during this hard time. Limit the time you spend on social media/looking at the news, eat something, listen to music that you like, watch something that makes you laugh. Take the time you need to recharge and relax. I can tell you first hand that being exposed to what's happening in the world right now can really harm your mindset. Your mental health comes FIRST.

All in all, please be safe during this time. Stand up for what is right, use your voice and take action. I love each and every one of you and I believe that we all have the power to make a change in this world. Yes, the world is fucked up right now; but this movement is aiming to change that.

If you EVER need someone to talk to about anything, my instagram is @nvlliz. You can also message me here and I will see it.

Be smart. Be kind. Be understanding. Be compassionate. Be brave. Be safe.

I love you all.

Until next time,

- Liz