Danger

Sina

Two days prior

The atmosphere was peaceful. Her right leg crossed over her left, a glass of wine in her hand. It was meant to be a relaxing evening off. It was until the moment she got the phone call. The sudden vibration on her glass table left her annoyed after about the third ring. Setting her glass down, she sighed and grabbed her phone. She looked at the caller ID and immediately became worried. As she pressed answer, a million questions went through her mind.

"Hello?"

"He's here, in Sina." His deep voice seemed to echo with those words.

"What? SInce when?"

"Last week."

"What are we going to do? We needed to keep him away from here."

"I know. Even worse, he's met Levi."

"Very well, I'll take care of it. I know what I have to do."

-

Eren was so stressed at this point that he didn't know what to do with himself. Who was this woman? Where are his parents? Are they okay? Why now?

After she parked, the stranger who drove him here quickly got out of the car and walked toward the building, extremely fast for someone in heels. Jumping out and rushing toward her, he tried desperately to catch up before he got lost. Entering the building could only be described as overwhelming. It was absolutely huge.

Professional looking business men and women walked about the waiting area, people as sophisticated and intelligent as the woman who brought him here seemed to be. High ceilings and big windows. Minimalist furniture and marble floor. All of it made Eren even more nervous and curious than he already was.

"Eren. I'm sure you have tons of questions. They're all getting answered, today. I can assure you of that much."

"O-okay..."

The women simply nodded and continued walked, past the front desk and down a long hallway. They walked past several doors, leaving Eren more confused with each one. After what seemed like ages, the woman finally stopped at a door. She opened it before stepping to the side to let Eren in. She waked over to the large desk across the room and gestured to the two chairs in front of it. The glass windows behind her provided a stunning view of the city, but Eren had to focus. When Eren finally sat down, the woman cleared her throat and looked at Eren.

"Tell me Eren, what do you know about the Ackermans?"

Eren was immediately confused. "I know 2 people with that last name. Why do you ask?"

"What are their first names, Eren?"

"Why are you asking me all of this? Am I in trouble? Are they in trouble?" This woman was starting to piss him off. It was like that feeling of absolute annoyance. When everything someone does makes you want to explode. Every breath they take and any movement makes you want to scream. That was how Eren felt right now. How dare she show up in his house, force him to come here, lead him across the whole building with no explanation as to where they're going and immediately start questioning him?

"Eren, I need you to listen and I need you to listen very carefully. The kids you know with the last name Ackerman, their names are Levi and Mikasa. You go to the same high school with them. Levi Ackerman is a popular senior student, you met him on your third day in Sina. Raised in Sina and an honorable student with a GPA of 4.9. Mikasa Ackerman is your adoptive sister, who you recently lost touch with. A new but also honorable and naturally gifted student. GPA of 4.9. It hurt you to lose her. And you are Eren Jaeger, the son of Carla and Grisha Jaeger. Both never around. You plan to major in journalism at Rose University and hope to one day surpass the expectations of your parents, despite your newly discovered rough path. Should I go on?"

Eren was in shock. "I-"

"If I wanted to hurt you, I have enough information to have done so a long time ago. So, I'd like you to try again and tell me what you know about the Ackerman family."

Eren was silent for a few moments before he spoke again. "I-I don't know much, okay? All I know is that my parents adopted Mikasa when she was little and I've seen her as a sister ever since. And Levi... I know that his parents aren't around much. We don't talk much anymore."

"That's all you know?"

"Yes."

"This is when I tell you everything, Eren. Forgive my bluntness. Your parents, they're mercenaries. So am I, and so are my business partners. Your parents are in a lot of danger, and so are you now. We needed to keep you away from Sina, because if you came here things would get ten times worse. Now that your parents have gone against our rules, a group of rivaling mercenaries and assassins are after your family. All because of our profession. I'm afraid that the parents Levi knows are not biological. To answer the question you've been aching to know. My name is Kuchel Ackerman, and I am Levi's biological mother.

________________________________

Alright guys, here's another chapter. I have a lot of things to thank you all for. We hit 17K, which is absolutely ridiculous and I'm so thankful for every single person who's read this story.

Another thing, Understand Me is ranked #949 in Fanfiction and I screamed when my friend told me. Thank you all so much for supporting me and motivating me to continue, I know it sounds cheesy but I would have never gotten this far without all of the constructive and supportive comments. Thank you.

Now I promised you all my 7K special results, here they are.

1#: "Admit It" by IAmAnimeFreek

Admit it so well written and I really love the idea. Keep writing it, because I genuinely see it going somewhere far :)

#2): "Finding Home" by ShetlaBlossom

She was logged out of her account, but she'll be returning soon and I absolutely love the idea of "Beauty and the Beast with a Twist"

its really something :)

#3: "Titan Slayers" by AnimeFan3538

Its very well written and I like the idea! It's very original :)

those are our winners! If you didn't win this time around, don't be down about it! With more and more writing comes improvement, and every story submitted was wonderful in my eyes :)

I plan on holding another special soon ;)

I was also meaning to ask if you'd like a book of ereri oneshots? Comment if you would ;)

I'll see you all next chapter, and thank you for everything you've done for me! Feel free to message me anytime children.

comment what you thought...

Here!

<3