Am I Wrong?

I remember as a kid I'd do anything to steer clear from boredom. Biting my nails to the skin, twiddling my thumbs, tying and untying my shoes. At the time, those things were nothing but a distraction. Now, I think about going back to it, going back to those silly habits.

We turn to these things for comfort when we have nothing left. In this time of need, neither of the boys could turn to the other. What is a team without teamwork?

Before we know the future, we must first know the past.

Levi hadn't been one to care for teamwork. Never. He was never one to accept ones help. He was never that person. Now, though, he had to be.

This teamwork and kindness was something all too new to him. Sincerity in the form of helping another wasn't exactly his thing.

Considering this, Levi tried his hardest not to snap at Eren. They were in this together.

As much as he tried though, not every moment of this dangerous need for survival would be an inspirational step in the boy's self discovery. It wouldn't even be close.

It's been said time and time again that the loudest sound is silence. As Eren and Levi sat across from each other in front of the small three-seat table in their hotel room, the only sound engulfing the silence was that of hatred and exhaustion.

Why? Because Eren and Levi had been left alone in a room for a full day, with nothing but each other and what they brought with them.

At first it was a simple back-and-forth, which quickly escalated to an argument they'd never forget. Not anytime soon, at least.

"Levi, can we talk about it?" Eren asked, fidgeting with the strings on his hoodie.

"What is there to talk about?" Levi said. He'd given up on trying to get through a peaceful night.

"Listen, Levi. I'm sorry. You can't hold this dumb grudge against me while we hide away from our death. You're not that good at multitasking." Levi was silent, he stared at his crossed hands, radiating lack of cooperation.
"Do you remember what you said to me before all of this happened?"

"I want to know you, Eren."

"Get to know me Levi, we both have to try, or we'll let our pride get in the way of our safety." Eren said, exhaling loudly as he finished his speech. He had no idea where it came from.

Levi took a moment to contemplate Eren's words. "I get it, I know. The argument was stupid." What this argument was about? Who even remembers at this point.

Eren smiled, and Levi offered a slight smirk back. "Wise words for a brat like you."

For that, Levi had earned a kick under the table.

__________________________________

Rain splattered to the ground like glass under the early morning moon's light. The dark warehouse was full of life. Both men and women wondered the open space, carrying weapons, papers and even furniture.

This was the common meeting place for their group. A place to plan the cruelest of projects.

Amongst the busy room, the cell phone of a young man rang. A very successful young man.

"I've got the location." A teenage voice rang through the speaker.

"Oh? Very nice job, Marco."

"My pleasure."

______________________________________

Wow, guys. It's a chapter.

It's also been forever since I updated. gomen.

I really appreciate the support though, thank you all so much for 37K, that's crazy

Idk if anyone is gonna read this, you guys still here? Lol.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and I'll be updating soon.