Chapter 2 - Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

"Elsa? Psst!" a hushed voice called, unmistakably belonging to the strawberry-blonde-haired Princess Anna.

The young platinum blonde princess lay in her slumber, fully aware that the night was still upon them. Fatigue lingered from the royal tutor's 'lectures,' putting an end to their playful escapades.

"Elsa!" Anna persisted, springing onto her sister's bed and gently shaking her shoulders. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"Anna," Elsa grumbled, keeping her eyes sealed. "Go back to sleep."

"But I just can't!" young Anna sighed dramatically, executing an elaborate performance to capture her sister's attention. She swooped down, hand to her forehead, declaring, "The sky's awake! So, I'm awake! So, we have to play!" with theatrical flair.

"Go play by yourself!"

Unable to suppress her amusement, Elsa playfully nudged Anna, causing her to tumble off the bed with a soft thud. Pouting, Anna contemplated abandoning her quest to rouse Elsa.

After a full minute, Anna leaped back onto the bed. She leaned over her sister, lifting one of Elsa's eyelids to reveal her deep blue eye.

"Do you wanna build a snowman~?" Anna asked in a mischievous tone.

And that was Elsa's breaking point. Her eyes cracked open, a slow grin spreading across her face. "Oh, fine."

Elsa sprung out of bed, retrieving her slippers from underneath, as Anna mirrored her actions with infectious excitement. Pulling her sister out of the room, Anna nearly slammed the door open before Elsa could intervene. As they stealthily navigated the halls, they passed by (Y/N)'s room, prompting Anna to halt and suggest:

"Can we invite (Y/N) too?"

"Anna, I don't think we should—"

Too late. Anna had already turned the door handle, allowing herself entry.

"Anna!" Elsa whispered loudly as she entered the room, promptly closing the door behind her.

(Y/N), the young page, peacefully slumbered in his bed, visibly tired from the day's activities involving the mischievous princesses and the inevitable scolding from Kai and Gerda. Not wanting to disturb him, Elsa motioned for Anna to tiptoe to the side of his bed, while she stood guard by the door.

Suppressing her giggles, Anna leaned close to (Y/N), avoiding physical contact. She whispered near his ear, "Psst! (Y/N)!" With the same energy she used on her sister, Anna leaped over him, shaking him awake. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"Princess Anna, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?" (Y/N) mumbled, still half-asleep. "Go back to sleep, please," he added, cocooning himself tighter in his covers.