Chapter 16 - The Ice Palace

Back with Anna and her group, they were busy staring at a cliff wall covered in ice in front of them. They had a hit a dead end. 

"What now?" Anna asked as the butler beside her just stared up at the cliff wall, as if searching for a way to climb it as safely as possible.

Kristoff sighed at this, as he began digging into his rucksack.

"It's too steep," he said. "I've only got one rope, and you don't know how to climb mountains."

Anna puts her hands on her hips with a wide grin on her face. 

"Says who?" she countered. 

(Y/N) looks to his side to see the princess he was supposed to look after is gone and is now headed straight for the mountain face, opting to scale it without any climbing gear whatsoever. Not to mention, no mountaineering experience as well. 

Kristoff's reindeer nudges him with his antler, who then looks up to see what the princess is up to.

"What are you doing?" Kristoff asked.

"I'm.... going... to see... my sister," Anna said, straining to secure a handhold or a foothold in the icy cliff wall.

(Y/N) pinches the bridge of his nose at the absurdity of Anna's stupid and reckless action.

"You're gonna kill yourself," Kristoff observed. "I wouldn't put my foot there."

Anna turned. "You're distracting me!" 

"Or there," Kristoff added.

As soon as she put her foot down, it slipped and she nearly toppled over, causing (Y/N) to flinch in worry. "For goodness' sake, Anna! Just get down from there!"

Anna paused and took a deep breath. Kristoff was right. The mountain was too steep to climb, but she didn't want to give up. 

"How do you know Elsa even wants to see you?" Kristoff asked. 

"I'm just blocking you two out 'cause I've got to concentrate here," she said, breathing heavily as she continued scaling the wall with difficulty.

Kristoff crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm just saying, most people who disappear into the mountains want to be alone." 

"Nobody wants to be alone," Anna said as she halted her climbing for a moment, observing him. "Except maybe you."

"I'm not alone," Kristoff said. "I have friends, remember?." 

"Oh, right, the 'love experts'," (Y/N) scoffed. 

Kristoff was not amused. "Yes, the love experts!"